Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1992 T-62, Sunburst $799

Since I can't see the photos you are referencing, I'll guess it was a stock T-62 with the three or four small holes in the back, metal cover plate.   Those access a three band active Copeland TC-300 that runs off an on-board 9V battery.  Its the same EQ setup as a Vintage S - or at least it should be.     You adjust it with a small screwdriver to your liking and its done.

The toggle switch for the EQ is on the front somewhere and activates the one setting you have on that three band EQ.  I know the EQ thing worked pretty cool when they did.  They haven't made the Copeland EQ for a long time and are hard as h*ll to find as a stand alone part - so when they crap out folks would hard wire them in a typical configuration.   FYI -  I just might "know a guy" who has an extra one.  ;)

That's as much as I know.

FWIW I love my T62.  It’s no Strat in a conventional sense but “does Strat” reasonably well.

Where the T62 excels is in its build quality and materials which are other worldly.  The Birdseye neck for example.

The preamp too also makes it a versatile tool.  It provides a big difference in gain and EQ and for me becomes the solo switch.

Whoever bought it will have fun.

9 hours ago, Boomerang~Junkie said:

Since I can't see the photos you are referencing, I'll guess it was a stock T-62 with the three or four small holes in the back, metal cover plate.   Those access a three band active Copeland TC-300 that runs off an on-board 9V battery.  Its the same EQ setup as a Vintage S - or at least it should be.     You adjust it with a small screwdriver to your liking and its done.

The toggle switch for the EQ is on the front somewhere and activates the one setting you have on that three band EQ.  I know the EQ thing worked pretty cool when they did.  They haven't made the Copeland EQ for a long time and are hard as h*ll to find as a stand alone part - so when they crap out folks would hard wire them in a typical configuration.   FYI -  I just might "know a guy" who has an extra one.  ;)

That's as much as I know.

Some had the Copeland some had the EMG Hex-A cirquit. I don't know which years Hamer put in either one of these systems in to the T62 and Vintage-S models. But I think the EMG Hex-A is more reliable. The Copeland cirquit seems to have a tendency to break down.

My Duotone Custom had the EMG.  Only trouble it ever gave me was when I pulled the control cover off too fast and tore the groundwire loose from the unit.  Then lost my mind trying to figure out where to put it back.  At 4PM before a gig with a 6PM downbeat.

So I got this last night.
They provided no battery, I have no spares at home to tonight I will get new batteries and see how the EQ boost works?
Also it came with 8 gauge strings, I was like how can a guitar be so easy to play. 
Also low E Sperzel tuner is chrome and the rest are satin, I'll be ordering a set of chrome as I feel it'll look better than the satin.

Even with 8's the profile of the neck is superb.
Deeper review with pictures will come once I throw strings on it and a new battery.

In the meantime, I've read on the net that people might have issue with the EQ unit and once dead it's dead.
And the saddles are usually replaced with non-roller saddles. I am not clear on why roller saddles are not desirable?

On 1/23/2020 at 8:24 AM, tildeslash said:

So I got this last night.
They provided no battery, I have no spares at home to tonight I will get new batteries and see how the EQ boost works?

Well, have you fired that sunburst up w/ a battery?

On 1/23/2020 at 11:24 AM, tildeslash said:

And the saddles are usually replaced with non-roller saddles. I am not clear on why roller saddles are not desirable?

I had the roller saddles on my T51F.  After awhile they tend to break down and create burrs. I replaced mine with graphtech saddles. 
I left the same set of strings on for a year without breaking.  100+ shows. (Don’t judge. Lead player takes most solos. I also use a Roland GK unit for my rig). 

Archived