Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Eastman guitars?

Travis

They've been consistently excellent quality, including their earliest, carved archtops. The company actually has an interesting story as to how they came to building jazz boxes. 

Those Jrs. look pretty sweet. I can't speak to how much better they are than Gibsons or Hamers, but the price is sure right.

1 hour ago, RobB said:

They've been consistently excellent quality, including their earliest, carved archtops. The company actually has an interesting story as to how they came to building jazz boxes. 

Those Jrs. look pretty sweet. I can't speak to how much better they are than Gibsons or Hamers, but the price is sure right.

I know nothing of Eastman guitars. I’m reading conflicting information. Are these solid body electrics made in the US or imported...?

Made in China, but by luthiers. High quality. They made traditional stringed instruments (and still do) before venturing into hollows, semi hollows and acoustics. Started with solid bodies last year or the year before. Very nice.

Every one from any lineup I’ve played has been super. There’s a couple Id like to own. Those juniors look great!

I have one of their jazz boxes, and tried several other models from Eastman. All good stuff!
I still lust after one of their 335 style instruments. They also have an El Rey model (semi hollow, no f-holes) that I covet too.
I would expect their solid body instruments to be just as good.

Archived