Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Frozen Jam 2020, or Frozen Jam XVII? Saturday, Feb. 8

BruceM

As you can see in this pic, they've brought out the heavy equipment at the ice rink across the street from the 4-3-2-1 Club. That means it's time for the 17th rendition of the Frozen Jam at the 4-3-2-1 Club. I'll make some extra spicy chili, or perhaps some gumbo, and and I'll dig out the grill to prepare the required wieners. Who's coming over to help me warm up the basement?

PS: Fear not if you can't make this one. There will be a very special Celebrity Jam held on Saturday, March 21. Mark your calendars!

IceRinkCAT.jpg

My birthday too...damn.

I remember the first Frozen Jam fondly.  Just enough people to form the band.  We played for hours.  No pictures were taken.  Bruce made me watch tennis in the middle of the night to sober me up so he could kick me out (I was still a relative stranger at the time).  Boy have things changed.  :) 

Only the heartiest souls brave the Minnesota winter conditions to attend the Frozen Jam.   See you next Saturday!!    

This photo is from our party last November, which was a tribute to Bloozguy, Ray. I realized this morning as I thought about preparations for Saturday's shindig that every 4-3-2-1 Club HFC Jam from now on will be a tribute to Ray. Every single party he attended, he came bearing gifts, usually expensive vodka, but often food as well. He  once brought crawfish from the Atchafalaya Basin to add to my version of Jeff's Gumbo, which I plan on making for this party as well. He once brought crawfish etouffee. He always brought a bottle of fine spirits for our collective consumption. And he always brought the latest his latest guitar or amp. I miss my friend. Here's to you, Ray.

20191102-HeresToYouRay.jpg

• 11 months later...

What a difference a year makes. Withdrawal doesn't begin to describe my symptoms. Beginning in June, 2003 with my first HFC Open House Jam at the 4-3-2-1 Club, I started hosting rock parties every few months without fail until last year's Frozen Jam. It's been a year since that party, and I do miss my friends. Here's a few pics from last year's party. I have the day off tomorrow. Maybe I'll go through my photo archive and post pics from years past. Or perhaps I'll just do a search here, and bump a few threads. Search for "4-3-2-1" and see what you come up with.

I miss my people!

As is typical of Frozen Jams at the 4-3-2-1 Club, this one was sparsely attended, and I don't have a lot of photos of the action.  Here's a few:

HFC Frozen Bill Eric (1).jpg

HFC Frozen Dave D drums.jpg

HFC Frozen Eric Robb Bill (2).jpg

Archived