Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS: 1994 Matchless DC30 (Samson Era) SOLD!

SOLD!!

1994 Matchless DC-30 2x12” Combo – Rare Samson era amp.

Absolutely the greatest amp I have ever owned. Nothing sounds like it. Huge, warm, you never want to stop playing it - really. 
Serial number: M2062. Tranny dates  3/1/94. Works perfectly-no issues.  These early ones are the pinnacle of amplifiers and have always been sort after.

100% original condition, nothing modded or changed. Original Matchless choice of mismatched Celestion speakers. It has four NOS RFT EL84 and one RFT EF86 preamp tubes.  Built like a brick house. Excellent condition. Has been played, but not abused (these need to be played) Some marks from normal use, but overall looks pretty nice. Cool Burgundy and Gray 2-tone color scheme. Comes with a heavy-duty padded cover too. If you know the history, the Samson era amps are the ones to own and they have only gone up in price. 

$3,500. SOLD!!
Thx Ernie

Matchless24.jpg

Matchless20.jpgMatchless22.jpgMatchless23.jpg

The Sampson era amps are fantastic. I have the 2X12 Chieftain from that era and it never fails to amaze me. I've been keeping an eye out for a 1X12 Chieftain from that era but they are quite pricey when you can actually find one. 

4 hours ago, hamertek98 said:

Monster 

most can’t do that amp justice.

It's not a hard amp to play. Unlike a Two-Rock or a Fuchs, those show every nuance of your playing and you can sound pretty bad if you're sloppy. The Matchless just have a huge tone. Every guitar sounds better through it. 

My three favorite amps of all time are, and in this order, my '59 Tweed Deluxe that I still own,  Pat Travers Small box 50wt that I sold to Brent Magnano at Dynamic Sound/Guitar Oasis (played on Putting It Straight and Makin' Magic), and one of the first Matchless 2x12 combos built.  The Matchless is, as far as I know, still in the guitar room of one of my best friends in Orlando.  I'm certain Ernie's amp is incredible.  These are truly some of the best amps ever built.  There's Vox.  There's Fender.  There's Marshall.  And the best clean tone ever is Matchless.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived