Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Proto II : what price is fair ?? (in EU)

JochenP

Hi,

I thinking about separte from an other guitar: Hamer Prototype II

Guitar is in good shape, one tuner has been changed; Humbucker have had a rewound. Original case included.

So whats a fair price I can asking for? 350,-  :-) o.K. but seriously

IMG_9368.JPG

14 hours ago, Disturber said:

Original Kahler or after market replacement?

I think its original. Otherwise there have to be "holes" on the backside (strings through the body)

(couldn´t upload pics at the moment??)

Hello i just bought a Hamer proto II. Paid 1200 bucks for it and IMO that is cheap. Now i have 2 of them. A white one and the one i just bought , a candy apple red one.  The dude stripped the paint off the back of the neck. Did an excellent job though. Both of mine have factory Kahlers  on there. All i know is they are hard to find.  I don't know anybody that has one. Ya just don't see them anywhere. In this guys description of the guitar Which is a big dealer in Atlanta said he never saw one with a Kahler on it. The only other one that i know of that they came with is Floyd Rose. You would think this dealer being who they are would have seen at least a few of these guitars. 

I have no idea of what they are worth, I saw one go for 5 grand. The plain jane prototypes without the neck pup and without the tremolo, shit their asking for about 4 grand man. So i  cant tell ya. Have to check Orian blue book of guitar values i guess. Because all i can go by is what they want for them and what they sell for. But the actual value is by me man. You have to pay for Kelly and Orion blue book info, i haven't yet but i just might. There are a few guitars i have that i would really like to know what their worth.  Like a black walnut Gibson THE PAUL, and a Gibson SG with ebony fret board and crescent moon fret board inlays. The gibson THE PAUL  i built.  The SG i bought for 600 $  That was a year  and a half ago. Now there going for anywhere from @ 900 $ to 1200 $..THE PAUL carcass was 400 $  about 3 years ago. Hdw. and pups was about 300 $   even used T TOP pups. Could get those cheap 4 years ago. Now they want crazy money for them I've seen them for over 400 $ per. The guitars are selling for around 1500 $ to 2200 $ so who the hell knows man. SOOOO my suggestion is consult Orian blue book. If you want to do it on line. 1 guitar value will cost 4 $. Other wise you will have to buy a book                                                                                                                                            .https://entertainment.ha.com/free-appraisals.s?slug=www&ic=hero-Free-Appraisal-musicInstrument-clickHeroImage-022019

• 9 months later...

Prototype fan is correct They also came with Floyd Rose tremolos  Although the dude at Atlanta Guitars has never seen a Kahler on one all floyd rose which is kinda strange to me i have 2 of them both with Kahlers

Most all Prototype IIs came with Kahlers.  It would be very unusual to find one with a Floyd or a Sustainblock, but  are there are a rare few out there.  As far as finishes, they came in all the Hamer stock finishes from the time, Candy Apple Red, Midnight Blue Metallic, White, Black, Gunmetal, Fuschia, Ferrari Red, Sunburst, Trans Cherry and several graphic finishes.  Custom finishes were also available.

Archived