Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS:Sustain Block Bridges

Those are authentic, “real deal” Hamer bridges.

3 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Sorry.  I resolved to be humorless in 2020. 

So far, you’re failing miserably!  😆

This is actually a very fair price for a factory Hamer Sustain Block bridge - since NOS ones are now unicorn status.  Having been one who had to find a new Hamer SS bridge a few years ago for my Shishkov Ultimate build  - it was not easy or cheap.

A year after these are all gone, there  WILL  be the, "I'm kicking myself now for not buying one of those  . . . . " posts.  

12 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

I think that was intended as humor Steve 😉

Thanks for "translate" to the humorless!

To help them it also was marked with :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I need some help here.  I've ordered a couple of the new Mann Made sustainblock bridges, but if I'm not mistaken, his are the "wider" bridges, and according to this website everything after '81 was a "narrower" bridge.  So, I have a TLE that has a later '80's ('86-'87) sustainblock bridge but it has graph tech saddles.  I'd like to get back to the original saddles, so would these bridges that Newman60 is selling be considered the "narrower" bridges like on my TLE?  I don't think a set of Mann saddles will work because they are a little bit wider.  If these bridges that Newman60 is selling are NOT the "narrower" bridges, then I guess my options are (a) live with the graph tech saddles, (B) retrofit with a new Mann bridge, (C) try and find a set of the "narrower" saddles (not likely), or (D) buy a set of the Mann saddles and grind/machine them down and replate.

I believe the Mann Made saddles will work just fine. The tolerances aren't so tight that they physically wouldn't fit in the allotted space. The intonation screw hole spacing is key in how they will position themselves. The early Sustain Blocks had those holes closer together and it made the saddles sit kinda wonky. I'm not sure what spacing was used on the late-'80s or most recent factory Blocks, but those from Mann Made have the universally-excepted E to E spacing of 2.062".

16 minutes ago, cynic said:

Give or take 0.0005"

😂😂😂😂

So perhaps when the bridges ship, I'll take the saddles out of one and see how they fit on the block that's on my TLE.  If it works I can order a set of saddles.

1 hour ago, gtrdaddy said:

0.0005" or 0.0006", whatever it takes.

-Johnny Dangerously, 1984

It was Mr. Mom, actually... 😜

I know, I shouldn’t correct you. Your mother corrected you once. 

Once....

Archived