Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hey guys looking for any information I can get on a Phantom A5. Was told it is an 1983 model and was also told it is a Prototype. Mine has inline tuners not 3 per side. I've found this guitar listed in a few places but cannot find one with the 6 on a side tuners. Unfortunately i'm not able to include a pic at this time as it is at the shop for a complete setup. any info offered would be greatly appreciated. thanks

• Like 1

Love the A5, as well as the Prototype (the Prototype is an actual model name.  Hamer built great guitars but their naming conventions were not the best.  Their premier guitar was the "Standard" while the base model was the "Special."  Go figure...).

At any rate, welcome, and give these a quick read:

https://hamerfanclub.com/proto.html

https://hamerfanclub.com/proto2.html 

The first digit of the serial number will give you the last number of the model year, though, with a six-on-a-side headstock it won't be an '83 (three on a side until '84).

rock.jpg

All Phantoms went 6-in-line early in 1984. The first one might have been 1983, but that was made for Glenn Tipton, originally with a sustain-block trem.but later modified to a Kahler. An early 1984 6-in-line (4 10XXX) was blue/black zulu, single pickup with no scratch-plate, Kahler, and a "Phantom" logo under the HAMER USA.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, badchild758 said:

Hey guys looking for any information I can get on a Phantom A5. Was told it is an 1983 model and was also told it is a Prototype. Mine has inline tuners not 3 per side. I've found this guitar listed in a few places but cannot find one with the 6 on a side tuners. Unfortunately i'm not able to include a pic at this time as it is at the shop for a complete setup. any info offered would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Hi,

send me your mail adress (as PM) and I will send you a pdf with information from the Hamer book!

IMG_9299.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, badchild758 said:

Sounds good thanks  you can send to badchild758@icloud.com

Mail send!

Thanks for sending me that article. Found it very informative. The red A5 in the case is the one that I own. Can’t wait to get it back from the shop! Thanks again 

regards

paul

3 8350 was a black 1983 A5 made for Glenn Tipton.

• Like 2

Well, that's cool!  Is that the OP's Phantom?

• Like 1

Just now, badchild758 said:

Don’t know. What is OP?

Original poster.