Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Dad Band

BubbaVO

Priceless! W. Earl Brown from Deadwood, Jerry Cantrell & Ted Kamp LOL. Funny shit.

"...like from Sons, right?"

"...um, to Rush or to Anal?"

"...look, I brought my pick!"

"...are you guys a band?"

"uh, yeah."

Hilarious. Thanks for the post. Made my day!

Funny, yet painful. 

I've been ask on two occasions by co-workers if I want to join their band. My first question is "Do you do originals?", both answered "Yes". I declined both times, I just want to go out and play and have a good time.  

14 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

Funny, yet painful. 

I've been ask on two occasions by co-workers if I want to join their band. My first question is "Do you do originals?", both answered "Yes". I declined both times, I just want to go out and play and have a good time.  

I have been at that point where playing is more important than showing a body of creative work.  It really helps if everyone understands the objective as shown in the video.  We have all been there with a maestro.  The worst, however, was the guy who spent every practice complaining that he was not getting his tone.  The rest of us were concerned with arrangements while he kept messing with his amp. 

On 2/3/2020 at 11:16 AM, Steve Haynie said:

I have been at that point where playing is more important than showing a body of creative work.  It really helps if everyone understands the objective... 

Yep. I have been in too many bad vibe original projects. AND, my last original project 10 years ago (Generic Hustle) had such good vibes yet had such a hard time w/ local gigs. I have enough backlogged original tunes to do an album, but I really can't be bothered, because I know how much work it would be to get them recorded right, and then nobody would care because I'm no virtuoso and instrumental music is mostly ignored, at least in this country.

PS - "Wizard Sleeves/Ded Mullet" really looked like a dad band onstage, ha

Wizard Sleeves 2015.jpg

While over-the-top and hilarious....there is much truth in this video. And  it is why I started recording instead of gigging. On the rare occasion when I  do play out or go to a jam, I just want to have fun and play some fun covers.  

Just now, Brooks said:

Yep. I have been in too many bad vibe original projects. AND, my last original project 10 years ago (Generic Hustle) had such good vibes yet had such a hard time w/ local gigs. I have enough backlogged original tunes to do an album, but I really can't be bothered, because I know how much work it would be to get them recorded right, and then nobody would care because I'm no virtuoso and instrumental music is mostly ignored, at least in this country.

Wizard Sleeves 2015.jpg

I still dig the Generic Hustle album I got from you. 

3 hours ago, Brooks said:

Wizard Sleeves 2015.jpg

That wrist band is the tits...

FD44C048-6A7C-47AC-9932-CFDB223E8F5A.png

Very funny and true.......................back in the day I lost friends who were not dedicated as musicians or band members. Then of course there was always the musical content to deal with,what are we going to play........................the "GOOD STUFF" or all the covers everyone wanted to hear over and over again. Loved the guitar fight..................you touched it!? you touch my guitar!? Brings back memories of my amp being blown and having to play through another members amplifier, YOUR GOING TO PLAY THROUGH MY AMP TONIGHT?........REALLY!?:lol:

Archived