Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Newport Appreciation Thread

FGJ

So I wanted to get an eyeful of Newport pron and I noticed that the Newport Appreciation thread was one of the victims of Photobucket's ruining of nearly every photo-heavy thread on every subject on the internet. So, like, anyone interested in starting over and posting your Newport pics here? (Someone's bound to ask why I didn't get the ball rolling and post some pics of my own, but I figure just starting this thread was doing my part enough. The rest is up to you. Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t have a Newport but I appreciate them. Would love to see some Birdseye tops. Maybe even some p90’s with wraptails...

15 minutes ago, Thundersteel said:

As requested! It's now equipped with Phat Cats.

Newport moneyshot.jpg

Newport front.jpg

Newport back.jpg

Newport full.jpg

I just came...

20 minutes ago, gwayne said:

My only Hamer custom order:

U7JZgk7.jpg

The workmanship is amazing:

True color (Brown Sugar):

That's gorgeous my friend! Reminds me of the one that Willcutt had that was featured on the cover of the Hamer '06(?) catalog. I was planning on buying that one and someone beat me to the punch. Damned slow trigger finger! Envious here Sir.

26 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

That's gorgeous my friend! Reminds me of the one that Willcutt had that was featured on the cover of the Hamer '06(?) catalog. I was planning on buying that one and someone beat me to the punch. Damned slow trigger finger! Envious here Sir.

Thank you for the kind words.

The catalog cover guitar was the inspiration for this one. It had bound f-holes, a Bigsby and maple headstock overlay which were features I didn't care for. Other than those, it's the same guitar. If I recall correctly @phoenix, who spec'd out some sick-ass custom Hamers, had something to do with the Brown Sugar color. Maybe worked with Jol or Bob WIlcutt?? Anybody remember the details? BTW, I have that catalog somewhere. I just moved and can't remember where I put it. If I can find it, I'll post a pic. Does anyone know who wound up with that catalog Newport Pro?

10 hours ago, RobB said:

Ain't them those Rumpleforeskins single coils?

They are indeed. A wonderful HB sized P90 in the bridge a a big alnico rod pole piece single in the neck that sounds like a giant Strat pickup, but fatter, way fatter, but with the clarity of a Strat neck. The middle position is chime city. I like it that way.

Archived