Hamer Fan Club Message Center

How long do you wait to request refund?

LucSulla

well,   It could be a spouse's account or a something but that said... I once sold something on eBay.  It showed delivered and the buyer was freaking out because he did have it.    Money was immediately frozen by PayPal.      Thankfully a neighbor brought it over and the buyer immediately let ebay and paypsl know.   Ups believe it or not was not that helpful. They gave me a delivery confirmation with a scribble on it for a sig no detail about who or where it was.  Scary... was kind of surprised by the lack of detail and urgency.     

I’m a little nervous about this reverb 48 hour window as it would be enough to for the guy to withdraw funds and close the account if it was fraudulent.   You may also want think about contacting PayPal thru the 800 number as well.   (it's on their website,  they give you a pin and you call in).    They can take a look at the other persons account for suspicious behavior.   This guys behavior is starting to smell like a rotten fish.   

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, hamertek98 said:

Was the PP account the same as he listed on Reverb or did you send to a different account that wasn’t listed through the sale ad?

That could screw you if you just directed money to an account not listed in the ad. I hope not! 

Hopefully PP will cover if it’s fraudulent. Or Reverb.

No, I paid him through Reverb.  But you can see the name on the PP account on the invoice.  

6 minutes ago, LucSulla said:

It's annoying that the seller gets 10 damn days to respond to PayPal.  They fuck up, but then you have to have $1500 in limbo for a week and a half before PP will begin review.  

That’s changed, not for the better. It used to be three days.

Sucks Jason!

Have you considered tracking down the UPS driver that regularly delivers your area and ask him directly if he remembers delivering a guitar on Monday and where he left it?

Just now, gtrdaddy said:

That’s changed, not for the better. It used to be three days.

Sucks Jason!

Have you considered tracking down the UPS driver that regularly delivers your area and ask him directly if he remembers delivering a guitar on Monday and where he left it?

The problem with that is that I don't know that it was delivered in my area.  I know it was dropped off in Oxford, but I have no idea where.  

I actually wrote the customer service rep over my case at Reverb and in more mature language told them I thought it was bullshit that it takes up the three weeks from the time the guitar was delivered to get a resolution when Reverb can see that my address was correct on the invoice, UPS can confirm the guitar was not sent to that address, and there is now a five day history of not a damn word from the seller.  The fact that the seller has up to Feb. 16 to respond when they have already had four days to reply before PayPal will even start a review that takes up to another five days is fucking ridiculous.   Having to wait three weeks to hear whether or not you're getting $1500 back isn't exactly great buyer protection,  and I mentioned that I couldn't imagine upon buying something that price from a big box store having them turn around and say it's going to be three weeks before they can either get it here or give me a refund when they sent it to the wrong place.

10 minutes ago, LucSulla said:

I actually wrote the customer service rep over my case at Reverb and in more mature language told them I thought it was bullshit that it takes up the three weeks from the time the guitar was delivered to get a resolution when Reverb can see that my address was correct on the invoice, UPS can confirm the guitar was not sent to that address, and there is now a five day history of not a damn word from the seller.  The fact that the seller has up to Feb. 16 to respond when they have already had four days to reply before PayPal will even start a review that takes up to another five days is fucking ridiculous.   Having to wait three weeks to hear whether or not you're getting $1500 back isn't exactly great buyer protection,  and I mentioned that I couldn't imagine upon buying something that price from a big box store having them turn around and say it's going to be three weeks before they can either get it here or give me a refund when they sent it to the wrong place.

Can’t wait to hear their response!

It sounds like between you and the seller both choosing third parties for payment and shipping, you've inadvertently removed Reverb from the process.  They have no control over Paypal payments and assuming it wasn't shipped using Reverb's shipping services they have no more recourse than you in dealing with UPS.

Rather than email, I would give Reverb a call.  It's a shit situation for sure, but one I'm sure we'll all learn something from.

Does Reverb have something like eBay where you can request the sellers contact information?

I would also print out anything you have that associates the purchase and tracking information and have a face to face with the folks at the UPS depot.  They may not be able to tell you everything, but if they can see there was just a small discrepancy in the address they may be willing/able to help a little more?

This provides no help in this case, but I almost always drop off and pick up at the depot which has allowed me to develop a casual rapport with the guy that works the counter.  It's not always convenient but in my experience Mississippians will break all the rules for familiar faces.

6 minutes ago, cynic said:

It sounds like between you and the seller both choosing third parties for payment and shipping, you've inadvertently removed Reverb from the process.  They have no control over Paypal payments and assuming it wasn't shipped using Reverb's shipping services they have no more recourse than you in dealing with UPS

That's not what happened.  I paid with PayPal through Reverb.  As mentioned above, I didn't circumvent Reverb and paid legitimately through the site, hence why there is an invoice from Reverb involved in all of this.  I'm working with Reverb, who instructed me to open a case with PayPal.  They needed an open case with PayPal on their end as well. 

The dude working this from Reverb is named Tyler and sent me an email by which to follow up with him about concerns. 

So after talking more with Reverb, essentially, Reverb buyers protection is only for those using direct check out with Reverb.  To be clear, since there seems so confusion here, this doesn't mean that one made arrangements with the seller to buy offsite.  This is for onsite, buy the rules purchases on Reverb. 

If you go through Reverb's payment system but choose to use PayPal rather than a CC or Debit Card as your form of payment, they don't do shit but "monitor."  Oh, and they "walk you through" filing a claim with PayPal - which they couldn't actually even do correctly.  

This is all enough to make want to go back to eBay just out of pure spite.  

2 hours ago, LucSulla said:

To be clear, since there seems so confusion here, this doesn't mean that one made arrangements with the seller to buy offsite.

...they don't do shit but "monitor."

No confusion here as this is exactly what I was alluding to.  From Reverb's perspective, payments made using paypal are essentially using a 3rd party in that they don't do shit but "monitor."  Same idea when the seller doesn't buy the shipping label/insurance through Reverb.

Archived