Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB Marshall JCM2000 DSL 50 watt or similar

I am playing Malcolm Young in an AC/DC tribute band and would like to up the authenticity without breaking the bank.  I'm currently using a Marshall DSL40C (a 1x12 combo for those unfamiliar) through the cranked clean channel.  It works great for practice but it looks weird sitting on top of a 4x12 for gigs.  I'm looking for some kind of Marshall head that I can use to get the same or better AC/DC crunch live.

Hey Tommy, There were quite a few used Marshall heads at Atomic Music in Beltsville last time I was there ... they have a lot of inventory and will usually cut a great deal ... talk to Louis or Eric, they are the owners

23 minutes ago, Dutchman said:

That sounds totally fun!!!

Understatement of the year!  AC/DC is my favorite band and Mal is my all-time favorite guitarist and getting to play him is a blast.  Cheap Trick is also one of my favorite bands and I play Rick Nielsen in another tribute.  That's all I'm doing right now - I don't have a regular cover band, but I'm having more fun with these two than I've had in years.

85104924_2880914701969744_7991877013260468224_o.jpg

IMG_0917-001.JPG

I think the JCM2000 DSL50 was only produced as a head.  Just make sure you find one with a date code 2005 or later. Some of the earlier ones had a "bias drift" issue due to issues with the circuit board at higher temperatures.  This affects ALL original production amplifiers with EL34 output tubes, so the DSL50/100 and TSL50/100.  The original run DSL40's had a different problem altogether.

Probably easier to pick up one of the new Asian production DSL40 heads. Definitely cheaper and less issues.

Archived