Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Fingerpicking school

Montelovesco

Question

Ok, I admit that I was pretty long absent here (which I regret deeply). But I was misleaded by the idea of learning drums dig deeper into photography...

But we all know time is limited and you have to focus on the things that matter. So the drum kit is for sale, and I am back on the guitar...

I saw a Marcel Dadi video last night, and he was not a bad fingerpicker (for a french guy... 😉 @ghamerinfrance). Any suggestions for a lets say medium level school, w/tabs if possible? Blues/Country/Folk is good, ragtime not so much...

Thanks 

2 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Montelovesco said:

Ok, I admit that I was pretty long absent here (which I regret deeply). But I was misleaded by the idea of learning drums dig deeper into photography...

But we all know time is limited and you have to focus on the things that matter. So the drum kit is for sale, and I am back on the guitar...

I saw a Marcel Dadi video last night, and he was not a bad fingerpicker (for a french guy... 😉 @ghamerinfrance). Any suggestions for a lets say medium level school, w/tabs if possible? Blues/Country/Folk is good, ragtime not so much...

Thanks 

In fact a spĂ©cial category Gad Bern created for analyzing the level for guitarists separating thĂ© french among others. To read or find on this area, a name jean felix lalanne absolutely 😀

Really depends on what your goals are musically.

Try looking for “Dead Thumb” Blues, there are a lot of great resources for this style and it’s a great way to separate your thumb from your fingers. Lots of great examples in A, so you have low open strings for the I, IV and V.

If you’re looking for melodic examples, I had some great success with an adult student who wanted to learn Christmas songs, Away in a Manger, etc- The material is usually short and melodic and only has two sections. Great for working on basic harmony with melody on top.

Tommy Emmanuel has several instructional DVDs that go over his style and include some of his Beatles arrangements.

Keep Pickin!

Archived