Hamer Fan Club Message Center

3 Sunburst for sale

Nice Sunbursts!

Two neck breaks on one of the 78's. So that price is a bit optimistic to say the least. The other two looks like they are in better shape. The other 78 has some cool looking natural relicing.

2 hours ago, Frank Neli said:

Maybe he's a collector.
What do you think of the prices?

I really don't know how the German market is right now? But it's always harder to sell a guitar if the buyer does not have a chance to inspect it and play it first. The prices for the undamaged 78 and the 79 are quite reasonable, if the right buyer comes by. The 78 with the two neck repairs.... very hard to sell a guitar like that. The repairs are ugly and visible. No paint touch up or anything cosmetically done to make them look better. They could be made almost invisible, but that would cost the buyer a couple or hundred euros or more. So my guess is that that guitar won't sell at all. Even at less than a 1000 euros I'd hesitate to buy a guitar like that with both a headstock break and a repair at the heel.

Sunburst prices in Europe recently discussed her: 

• 3 weeks later...

YES! YES! YES!

My 1979 Sunburst natural (or honey blonde) with dot neck has come back to me.

I am the second and the fourth owner.

I bought this guitar about 17 years ago from the first owner somewhere in the USA.

I sold this guitar to Dirk, who is an HFC-member, about 13 or 14 year ago, and I regretted that ever since.

I remember that one of our fellow members said that 1979 was a bad year for Sunbursts, and little as I knew that that was a remark meaning the exact opposite I thought that I'd better sell it then to get one from another/better year.

That was stupid.

Now I have bought it back, and I have paid more than twice as I paid the first time I bought it and then I sold it for about the same price as I bought it for.

The price for Sunbursts has increased clearly.

Still I am very happy to have it back.

It is not possible yet to hold it, or make a photograph, as it has been sent to my parents in The Netherlands, and I live in the Northeast Caribbean.

Gabe 😀

My favorite Sunbursts are all from 1979.  Except for one...that's an '81.  

Someday...

Congrats on getting the old one back!

8 hours ago, Gabe said:

It is not possible yet to hold it, or make a photograph, as it has been sent to my parents in The Netherlands, and I live in the Northeast Caribbean.

Gabe 😀

Congratulations! Awesome story. If you live in the Caribbean, then I don't feel sorry for you, for having to wait for the guitar. Have a swim on me. (Sent from the northern parts of Europe).

Okay, here is a picture of the guitar, sent to me by Dirk.

Hamer 79 Sunburst.jpg

In the light the top looks much better.

Look at the 4th post in this old thread from 2007.

P1010012.jpeg

P1010014.jpeg

And thanks to Frank Neli for the heads up!

Gabe 😀

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/25/2020 at 9:18 AM, Frank Neli said:

That one has a heel break. Hard to tell what it's worth. Not 2400 euros. Hard to find buyers for a guitar such a break. Seems the other two that were clean sold at the prices Dirk was asking.

Archived