Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB: Yamaha SG or SBG

Looking for a late 70s to early 80s Yamaha SG/SBG with through neck (not the set neck).  Prefer the model 2000 but 1500 and maybe 2500 OK.  3000 maybe, too, but I wanna try that embedded bras honker under the bridge. You know I like old heavy schecters.  So why not one of these?   

I know unlikely, but anyone have one you are not using and want to pass along?  

I will check the thread but you can also email direct a eaphoto at gmail dot com

Thanks.

Good Luck! I hope you find one that works for you................mostly price wise. Many of the desirable Yamaha guitars appear to be overseas these days and are super high priced. I remember buying a great condition SG-3000 for $600.00. Bought several  nice condition SG-2000s for $1,200.00. The SG- 2500 can be tough find and if so highly priced and overseas,I owned one.Great guitar.................all the SG models I had WERE heavy but then so were the Weddington Customs I had,I loved them all anyway wish I had them all back,only have one Yamaha currently All were/are great guitars! Couple of pics of mine from back in the day.pBLbKr6.jpgi1xJvuD.jpg0d0zJME.jpgloDRSy4.jpg

There you go.  

Yeah, not as cheap as long ago.  C’est la vie.

Just missed a 2000 for $1100 on reverb.  There are some listed but not selling at 17-1800.  The rare/special runs seem to be big bucks - the purple and 2500, etc.  At least, big at the ask.  As usual, I think a lot of asks are dreams.  But I am guilty of that, too, sometimes.

Anyway, I am ready to buy if the right one comes along.   Scratchin’ an itch - 

I had most of the Big $$$$ Yamaha Electric and some acoustics as well. The build quality was phenomenal,the one that stuck with me the longest was the Weddington.............the Custom. The high # SG line  were really fine guitars I hope you land a great one,you won't be disappointed.:)

On 2/7/2020 at 9:27 PM, ARM OF HAMER said:

Tried to send you a PM with Weddington Pics and it said you could not get messages.

Sorry about that, I had no idea I was maxed out on messages! Thanks for posting pics. Very nice! 

Archived