Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1980 Yamaha SA-2000 (335) $900

8 minutes ago, stedge said:

Pretty sweet.  I just bought (in transit) a Navigator, and looking for a Yamaha SG, or I would buy this yesterday.  Based on my research, this is the Yamaha 335 style you want.  GLWS!  

Yamaha did a nice job w/ these...Cool story - about  year ago I was offered a hand picked NAMM Gibson ES335 as a trade for a Brown Note amp I was selling locally.  The guy offering it was Danny Hoefer who was a guitarist for Tower of Power (lives in Sarasota now).  Super nice guy...he went to work for Gibson at some point and had hand picked this 335 for himself to buy after NAMM.  Anyway, I got to play his 335 beside my SA2000 and I didn't do the trade deal b/c the SA2000 smoked it to me.  

Danny came back the next day and bought the amp though.  

Having owned many fine Yamaha  guitars I can say are some of the best 335 style guitars out there I had several SA2000S [Solid Spruce Top] as well as 2 SA12OOS [Solid Spruce Top] great guitars for the money. Yeah some of them do have the '"FINISH BLUSH".............."FOGGING" in the finish One guy at Yamaha told me it was because the color coat was not fully dried or cured before they sprayed on the clear coat..................that was long ago so who really knows for sure. GLWTS!

Archived