Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB: UFO Obsession CD

If you like I could buy this 10 CD-Box for you and ship it to the US.

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/UFO-Complete-Studio-Albums/hnum/3946654?lang=en

It contains those 10 Studio Albums in a paper box:

Phenomenon
Force It
No Heavy Petting
Lights Out
Obsession
No Place To Run
The Wild The Willing And The Innocent
Mechanix
Making Contact
Misdemeanor

I'm gonna buy one example for myself, so I could add a 2nd easily.

PM me!

Amazingly, he shipped something to me once in roughly the same size box and the German Post only charged around the equivalent of $30! What the heck is the USPS doing that makes our postage cost so much more???  Oh yeah, never mind, that Is a long list!

Sorry, guys.  I've been working and not monitoring the thread.  I want one of the original CD's.  I don't want the re-mastered stuff.  That narrows it down and jacks up the price.  I'm looking to pay about $50 for a real USA CD.  Thanks for everyone's contributions.  It's one of the greatest albums many have never heard.  

On 2/13/2020 at 10:46 PM, ZR said:

That box set is on Amazon for $33 but not sure if they've been remastered or not.

And just like that, the HFC causes me to spend more $$ - LOL!

Seriously, thanks for the heads-up!

2 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

UFO plays Atlanta on Sunday.

Going to see them Thursday in Annapolis, Md ... Small intimate venue ... Can't wait

14 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

UFO plays Atlanta on Sunday.

First I heard of this! I see they're opening for BOC. BOC was my first rock concert experience but would rather just see a longer UFO show, but at this stage of the game it's now or never as the great Phil Mogg is hanging up touring at the age of 70. Oh well, I see that they're sold out, good for them! I saw a recent live vid and he and the band sound great still! Always loved that band because they had great songwriting.

I just ordered that 10 CD set of theirs mentioned above. It was remastered about 10 years ago but it's supposed to sound good, and each album disc has extra bonus tracks like live versions, demos etc.  All my other UFO stuff is old vinyl except for the 3 when Schenker came back around the Walk on Water era which are CD.

Also, I saw that they often play We Belong To The Night off of Mechanix, that song always rocked! Even though Michael Schenker is phenomenal, the Paul Chapman era was still great. And, I just found out today that Something Else off that album was an Eddie Cochran cover. 

What are some of your favorite newer albums of theirs, say after Misdemeanor and excluding the 3 when Schenker came back that I have?

BTW, Lawrence Welk at the Monterey County Fairgrounds was my first concert (sue me, I thought that dancer Cissy was cute!), followed by Teddy Pendergrass and Heatwave, then BOC followed by a ton of rock and metal! 

• 2 weeks later...

Received the CD.  It's the re-mastered one.  Didn't say it in the ad.  MIx is so unlike the original.  Just doesn't have the magic.  Michael's a bit more forward and it's a bit less processed, if that makes sense.  And it bothers me.

Sorry to hear that. I don't have my 1st issue, "Obsession", cd to compare to. On the original recording, Ron Nevison used the new (at the time) Aphex Aural Exciter stystem. Gave the mix a very, "sparkly", sound. 

Heads up, though! April 18 is Record Store Day 2020. An unreleased UFO show from the 1978 "Obsesssion" tour is being released in a 2xLP format. It's from Youngstown, Ohio. IIRC, "Strangers..., is made up of the Louisville, Cleveland and Chicago shows (excepting, "Mother Mary" and "This Kids”, which were studio tracks with added audience noise).

No info if there will be a CD release yet, but keep an eye out!

14 hours ago, RobB said:

Sorry to hear that. I don't have my 1st issue, "Obsession", cd to compare to. On the original recording, Ron Nevison used the new (at the time) Aphex Aural Exciter stystem. Gave the mix a very, "sparkly", sound. 

Heads up, though! April 18 is Record Store Day 2020. An unreleased UFO show from the 1978 "Obsesssion" tour is being released in a 2xLP format. It's from Youngstown, Ohio. IIRC, "Strangers..., is made up of the Louisville, Cleveland and Chicago shows (excepting, "Mother Mary" and "This Kids”, which were studio tracks with added audience noise).

No info if there will be a CD release yet, but keep an eye out!

Cool..

Archived