Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
DaveH

Interesting new Martin

Check it:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

So they went the Taylor route and are using bolt-on necks. Cool.

Shows how much I know... I didn't even know Taylors were bolt-on. 😐

I've got two Martins, a D15 and a GCxxxxx. I like the sounds of some of the design changes with this SC. Almost as much access as an electric.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DaveH said:

Shows how much I know... I didn't even know Taylors were bolt-on. 😐

I've got two Martins, a D15 and a GCxxxxx. I like the sounds of some of the design changes with this SC. Almost as much access as an electric.

It looks pretty darn cool. I read about it at the Martin site.

13 minutes ago, DaveH said:

. I didn't even know Taylors were bolt-on. 😐

They all are. They are fantastic too. The design is phenomenal. That neck joint and neck tenon fit so amazingly perfect it looks like the hand of God Himself made it. It’s so good that when put together no one can tell their guitars are bolt-ons. 

One reason I love them is serviceability. If you need to adjust the neck angle, it makes it a pretty easy job, Taylor has assortments of different angled shims that all you need to do is know which shim  to use, and voila, neck reset!

• Like 3

Just now, gtrdaddy said:

One reason I love them is serviceability. If you need to adjust the neck angle, it makes it a pretty easy job, Taylor has assortments of different angled shims that all you need to do is know which shim  to use, and voila, neck reset!

That is what really caught my eye about the Martin SC. That, and the neck heel/cutaway. Really, I had no clue about the Taylors.

• Like 1

McPherson’s are all bolt on’s too! And they play and ring like a bell!! Of all the acoustic’s I’ve played I really liked the McPherson’s neck... almost as good as my Adamas!!

Edited by Dutchman
  • Like 1