Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer sighting.

8 hours ago, zenmindbeginner said:

Was the previous guitar player that Shaw replaced better or worse than Shaw?

I think he was a much better player. Not so much as good a songwriter.

4 hours ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

I don't believe there was another guitar player. If I remember correctly, Shaw just joined the band and wrote Crystal Ball. The band had great faith in him and labeled the album, "Crystal Ball."

There was and he was a very good player IMO. His name was John Curulewsky, RIP 

Having played many Styx songs in cover bands I have to give them kudo’s for their vocal’s! We worked longer on getting the harmonies tight than the instruments! They had very dynamic harmonies that would be the decider of being a songlist song or it’s not gonna work song!! i used an Ovation for the acoustic parts on a stand with a button on the stand that turned off my electric and turned on the acoustic with no switching noise. Let off the button and the electric was hot again! That rig was built by our soundman/tech and got used on many songs. 

I saw a video of DeYoung with his current band playing all the old Styx songs and he sounded like he did in those old days.  The band was also great.  Styx had such a great blend of musicians that could all sing well.  I just with Dennis would dispense with the Carl Perkins signature rug. 

Archived