Hamer Fan Club Message Center

KK Downing forming KK’s Priest with two former Judas Priest members!

zorrow

One day at work, prob'ly 15 years ago, I got a guitar delivered. I pick it up and our new receptionist, tall willowly English woman, comments on it. "Oh, you got a guitar. Are you in a band?"

"Yes, I am."

"My husband's in a band, too."

"Oh," I reply. "What band?"

"Have you heard of Judas Priest?"

(looking stunned) "Uh...yeah..."

"He was their singer, Tim Owens, but now he has a new band. They're doing a South American tour at the moment."

-----

It's a weird world.

5 hours ago, BubbaVO said:

I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

Me, too!

A little competition never hurt anyone, right? K.K. may have a backlog of killer material. Ripper's great, and if a 70yr-old Les Binks can come CLOSE to the thunder brought on his 3 JP LPs, I'm in.

I hope they make it to North America. Hell, if they even make SOUTH America I'd make plans for a quick holiday in the tropics...

Streaming, “Unleashed/East” today at work. Binks plays some killer shit on, “The Ripper” and, “Victim of Changes.” He’s no Simon Phillips, and he’s certainly not nipping at Scott Travis’ heels, either, but he’ll do. 

Judas Priest just announced their anniversary tour. Hmm... two versions of Judas priest touring...

weren’t there three different versions of RATT touring at one time?

if they all 5 got together for one massive tour, they could call it the Full House tour, RATTs over Priests...

ba dum psshh...

Halford's hinting that KK might be welcome to join them in some capacity for their upcoming 50th Anniversary shows.  Do you think KK will say "No thanks" since they blew him off when he kept wondering in the press why they didn't ask him back when Glen Tipton had to leave, or do you think he'll jump at the chance and leave KK's Priest hanging?

Halford looks like a good guy for making a mention of working with KK again.  It could be a calculated statement to mitigate criticism before another tour with two replacement guitar players.  I think the real problem is a clash between KK and Glenn, so with Glenn likely not present at most shows it will be easier for KK to play a show with Judas Priest every now and then. 

5 hours ago, tommy p said:

Halford's hinting that KK might be welcome to join them in some capacity for their upcoming 50th Anniversary shows.  Do you think KK will say "No thanks" since they blew him off when he kept wondering in the press why they didn't ask him back when Glen Tipton had to leave, or do you think he'll jump at the chance and leave KK's Priest hanging?

Yeah, Paul hinted that about Ace and Peter too, but I wouldn't be calling any bookmakers to place a wager on it happening.

I've noted a lot of tribute bands are, er, predictable, but while it's a different genre, I've found the CDs by Security Project, a Peter Gabriel tribute outfit, to be very listenable.

Archived