Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Jefe, what is a Plethora?

velorush

I've made no bones about being a TC fanboy, especially of the TonePrint pedals (My Flashback was from the first shipment Sweetwater received from TC). 

My MSB (Madison Square Bedroom) "rig" (i.e., amp, random stompboxes, cables) needs nothing but to be sold to someone actually capable, but this is seriously tempting! 

$400...

Five pedals would run well over $500 but wouldn't have all of the storage and routing capabilities.  Interesting (to me).  Thoughts? 

Another function overload, yet in a handy format. Looks interesting though.

Could I connect via mixer to my stereo or have to have a classic amp?

It reminds me of some of the Rocktron rack/midi stuff I used in the 80’s. But I’d give it a go!! Hour’s turn into day’s getting lost in that kinda stuff!!!

It looks like it is a platform for downloading TonePrint effects only, with no provisions for amp or speaker cabinet modeling. Still looks to be a pretty convenient device to streamline a pedalboard. 

I wonder if it has a tuner parameter?

7 hours ago, RobB said:

It looks like it is a platform for downloading TonePrint effects only, with no provisions for amp or speaker cabinet modeling. Still looks to be a pretty convenient device to streamline a pedalboard. 

I wonder if it has a tuner parameter?

From the web site: Global speaker cab-sim for direct play with audio interface and PA systems

Now, there isn't much detail about the cab sim that I can find, so far...

ETA: found this on the Guitar World writeup: 

Other features include stereo inputs and outputs, plus a cab sim with British-style voicing, while TC is promising a host of feature updates throughout the Plethora’s lifespan.

And on the TC Website: spacer.png

Cab Service When You Need It

When you’re in the mood for going somewhere in a hurry, it’s nice to have dependable cab service!

You may not have time or space to grab your amp and cabinet before rushing to the gig.

As an added bonus we’ve included an optional global cab simulation made in-house, with British-style voicing.

Makes “direct to PA”-gigs and home recording sessions a breeze!

Still searching for more ... 

ETAA: found this on the TC site: Includes built-in UniTune chromatic tuner 

I'm guessing that's going to look a lot like the PolyTune.

Having quite some amps available, I like to connect stereo into the stereo. Perfect it would have been if the FX return would be stereo too to split up delay or echo into channels or create the Brian May 3-voice echo. The DD-7 can do that i.e.

Ok, reasons found to stay analog. B)

TC just posted a video of the board in use.  It's very short, but provides some better insight into the interface.  I'll really be glad when they send one over to someone like Pete Thorn so we can get some real information!

On 2/21/2020 at 9:24 AM, gorch said:

Having quite some amps available, I like to connect stereo into the stereo. Perfect it would have been if the FX return would be stereo too to split up delay or echo into channels or create the Brian May 3-voice echo. The DD-7 can do that i.e.

Ok, reasons found to stay analog. B)

To me analog just sounds warmer, notes bloom differently. But if I see one of these I’m gonna check it out!!!

On 2/22/2020 at 3:22 PM, velorush said:

TC just posted a video of the board in use.  It's very short, but provides some better insight into the interface.  I'll really be glad when they send one over to someone like Pete Thorn so we can get some real information!

Pete seems like a great guy, but I feel like as the complexity goes up, the likelihood of learning about it from him drops to zero.  At the extreme end I feel like his videos start with "I'm not gonna cover the features...  you can get that from other videos.  Here's a track that I wrote so you can hear it in a band context ..."  :D 

I think the interface looks nice, but I'm a little bummed that there's no drive/preamp type models in it.  The sole included IR for direct use is a nice-ish touch, I guess, but a "new with plethora" toneprint-y IR loader would have been way cooler.

For near the same money ($399) you can get an HX FX used, which is probably the way I'd go.

Cool stuff though!

Archived