Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Rick Turner Model 1 and Hamer Special P90 TV Yellow

I need to payoff some debt and have to make some tough decisions. Up for sale are two fine guitars, hit me up with any questions.

I have an exquisite Rick Turner LB Model 1 with a rare maple top. So many sounds available between the Humbucker, parametric eq and piezo. All can be blended together.  It pains me so, as this was my dream guitar, but I'm really a tele guy and Hamer guitar fanatic and just haven't been doing justice to this gem. You will not find a more beautiful, hand crafted instrument. If you are in the market for one of these, you won't find a finer example. $4600 Paypal'd and Shipped.

Hamer Special with p90's in the worst color possible but you can't help but stare at it and love it. Everyone here knows these are a great rock and roll guitar and if you haven't played one you should.

A few nicks and dings, but nothing major. It's a thin neck and the frets are in great shape. 

$950 Paypal'd and shipped. Can meet up for Northern California deal.

HSpecial1.jpg

HSpecial2.jpg

HSpecial3.jpg

HSpecial4.jpg

HSpecial5.jpg

The Model One is a great and underappreciated instrument. Everybody should try one at least once.......The first time I had one, it did not "grab" me. I gave it a second chance a year or so ago and finally "get it". Maybe it is because I now play more fingerstyle. FWIW, look at how Buckingham plays......Not that I could carry his guitar case......

One quick question.....Is that the "regular" or featherweight version?

GLWTS.

I was able to move some other stuff so I don't really need to sell the Turner Model 1. If anyone is interested, I'll still consider it.

The Hamer is still up for grabs.

Thanks

I really loved playing this guitar. But they are really expensive..!

004.JPG

005.JPG

On 2/23/2020 at 1:22 PM, django49 said:

The Model One is a great and underappreciated instrument. Everybody should try one at least once.......The first time I had one, it did not "grab" me. I gave it a second chance a year or so ago and finally "get it". Maybe it is because I now play more fingerstyle. FWIW, look at how Buckingham plays......Not that I could carry his guitar case......

One quick question.....Is that the "regular" or featherweight version?

GLWTS.

Basically it is an electric made to look like an acoustic? 

1 hour ago, Studio Custom said:

I guess that's part of it's charm. It has an enormous amount of tonal variety in it. It has two(2) 9 volt batteries to drive it's active circuitry. 

Here's a list of some of the ways this can be adjusted:

1. The one humbucker can be turned to various angles
  2. The coils can be split
  3. Using the basic Volume and Tone controls, they would typically be in the middle. Minor movements can have drastic changes to the tone.
  4. Piezo can be mixed into the signal or used alone. Adding a touch of piezo can give some real bite.
  5. Parametric EQ with cut/boost. You can use this as a lead boost or to target specific frequencies to cut or boost.
  6. Hard/Fun part - Figuring out the combinations of these options that take it where you want it to go.

2 hours ago, Studio Custom said:

Just one slight add......It has also been described by someone as the "fattest Les Paul you have ever heard". That largely refers to the ability to roll in the EQ section.

FWIW, it is so versatile that I am, gradually, pondering sale of my last remaining Duo-Tone. Not quite there yet.....

If you look at the whole rollout of that model with Buckingham, a key element is that, on day one, it replaced his then stable of "vintage" LPs and Strats. The only other guitar i can recall him using any time recently is a Turner Renaissance....Which is also very interesting but clearly much more the "acoustic" voice.

The one limitation, for my personal use, is that I do like to play at times above the 15th fret. The Model One is not built for that.

Really hard to understand it until you play one. And quite worth trying to track one down. Then dealing with a bit of a learning curve.

Archived