Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Clever Floyd Wrench

RobB

I always thought this little Allen wrench holder on the back of my Charvel headstock was a brilliant idea. Pic is not my guitar. Just one I found in the intrarwebs so I didn’t have to get off the couch to take a picture of mine...

85A1C46B-5D8D-4652-BF24-5F77E5913949.jpeg

1 minute ago, Travis said:

I always thought this little Allen wrench holder on the back of my Charvel headstock was a brilliant idea. Pic is not my guitar. Just one I found in the intrarwebs so I didn’t have to get off the couch to take a picture of mine...

85A1C46B-5D8D-4652-BF24-5F77E5913949.jpeg

I have a Kramer that came with that setup and I like it but I would never add one to a guitar that didn't come with it from the factory.

1 minute ago, HAMERMAN said:

I have a Kramer that came with that setup and I like it but I would never add one to a guitar that didn't come with it from the factory.

Well, yeah. I’m not drilling holes into a high dollar guitar just to hold a couple of wrenches...

10 hours ago, Studio Custom said:

Nomad's version of the original, ESP tech-wrench. They spiffed it out with a thin, rubber padding on the bottom to protect finishes. The above pics show the many uses of this handy tool.

Music Nomad makes great products. Gary Brawer turned me on to them. The owner ran a successful auto-racing, detail products company. Sold it, and started developing guitar cleaner/polishes, lubes, oils and bench tools. His products are really well-thought out, and I got two new ones with my fu-tone.com order. The acoustic bridge pin-puller is a great tool; no marring of the bridge or pins.

IMG_0315.JPG

Looks pretty cool.  I already had a supply of wrenches and holders to put on any guitar I get with a Floyd.  I'm unlikely to get a full time tech anytime soon, so I like having the wrenches there.  Otherwise, one or both always gets lost for me.  

Just fyi (No affiliations)...

If you go to the direct site or search hexhider on Reverb... You can get two of them (with free shipping) for about the same price as one (after shipping) from fu-tone.com

https://smallstage.co/

On 2/28/2020 at 5:40 PM, HAMERMAN said:

The Charvel I had didn't come with it installed, but it was included. 

While this is not the most aesthetically pure method, here's an option I've used on a couple of guitars that is relatively cheap and requires no drilling. 

20200307_171054.jpg

Archived