Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Anyone into this chick?

Zzzzzzzzz....

Sorry Ting. Not grabbing me by the booboo. But yeah, some of the looping techniques would be nice to learn.

43 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

Zzzzzzzzz....

Sorry Ting. Not grabbing me by the booboo. But yeah, some of the looping techniques would be nice to learn.

I think I saw a live video of her a few years ago and thought it was really cool but as it wore on it wore out and I turned it off. But in this video, since it's professionally photographed, I can see she has some crazy stomping going on. I guess Thom Yorke does the same  sort of thing but I can hang with him for hours on occasion. 

The singing parts lose me, but her ability to create all those parts is impressive. 

There is a guy in Atlanta named Dixie Duncan who plays guitar and bass through a looper in front of live audiences.  He keeps it entertaining. 

I was iffy on it until the singing started.

I mean, I doubt I'd listen to this under other circumstances, but she's got some talent and character.  Impressed, but will not seek out more.

What blows me away about these acts is that despite a litany of limitations of using live looping as a replacement for a band (including the dragging on and on of building song structure, the precision timing requirements, the need to know multiple roles, the extra stress, the extra gear) ... 

... it's still easier than dealing with bandmates.  😉 

Archived