Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Video from our new album premiered today

59 minutes ago, sixesandsevens said:

Very cool.  Congrats on the video and the press!

Not that I don't love a good Superpro, but that Ibanez looks alright too.  ;) 

That Ibanez is freaking unbelievable. If you haven't tried one of those new AZ series... dang. Never been a particular fan of the brand but they sweated making these ones.

4 minutes ago, polara said:

That Ibanez is freaking unbelievable. If you haven't tried one of those new AZ series... dang. Never been a particular fan of the brand but they sweated making these ones.

Nice!  Will definitely try them.  They seem like a direct reply to Suhr's inroads against the fusion demographic, so I assumed they'd brought their A-game.

1 hour ago, gtrdaddy said:

Cool song, and nice production my friend; the audio production particularly is fantastic!

Thank you sir: it's amazing what a quality mic (Aston Origin) and interface (Audient id44) will do, even run into lowly Garageband. Helps that missus Polara has a nice voice I guess :)

Thank you for your kind encouragement. Our daughter, who just turned 13, directed it. She’s a pretty great  artist - I have a degree in studio art and she’s already surpassed me - and had no problem telling us how to stand, lighting problems, expressions, etc. Then I used some stock footage to get the whole “band cropped close in a pen, animals, predators” thing. Edited it in Premier Rush because I still get overwhelmed in a Premier Pro sometimes. Camera was a Fujifilm x-e1 with a 27mm f2.8 lens. Couple of LED light arrays with the color set to something cool, I don’t remember. Also used my iPhone XR on a motorized gimbal. 

Audio... the aforementioned Aston mic and Audient interface, GarageBand, and software amp sims. I do a lot of mixing a digital track, exporting as a WAV, then running it through a bunch of EQs and filters and doubling stuff with barely different delays to keep it from sounding obviously GarageBand. Drums especially, I might use a different track and sound and EQ for each drum and sometimes double snare on two different kits. Some of the harmonies I “forced” to be a 6th instead of 5th to make them sound weird. The whole album has very few tracks, and can be performed live more easily than the last album (which was overdub-happy) but each track I sweated over. 

Hey Polara great song. If you have not heard other songs from I Am A Rocketship, do yourself a favor and check them out. Great songs, guitar work, and Eric's wife has the voice of an angel. By the way I love the Superpro, glad you like the Ibanez. 😊

11 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

That song sounds like part of a movie soundtrack when the bad guys are doing something. 

I think I wanna quote this on our website! :D

Archived