Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Echotone

Had one and thought it was great. Look for a Korean version.

As 335-types go, I have a Epiphone Sheraton (2001 Samick factory) that is in another league. Rings like a bell, and has the best build quality of any import I've owned. The medium/small-ish neck is my only nit.

4 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

As 335-types go, I have a Epiphone Sheraton (2001 Samick factory) that is in another league. Rings like a bell, and has the best build quality of any import I've owned.

Truth. I had one years ago. Best guitar I’ve ever owned from the Orient!

Thanks guys. I have already taken care of my "335" fix with these. I have just been curious about the Echotone because I see them listed frequently for a very low price. I thought I might pick one up if the play decently. 

335 Style Guitars.JPG

1 hour ago, Steve Haynie said:

Those three Ibanez ought to be enough to keep you happy.  Those are nice guitars that I have seen in a local shop. 

Thanks. Actually, the one on the left is an Eastman.

1 hour ago, gtrdaddy said:

I’ve played a couple of Eastmans, they seemed really nice. How do your Ibanez compare?

Pretty tough to beat any of the Ibanez Artstar series guitars. The brown one is an AS180 from the nineties. Plays like buttah. The blue AS153 is a relatively recent acquisition. Plays almost as nice as the other one. The Ray Benson Eastman is kind of a different animal. It is a lot more resonant probably due to the satin finish and the trapeze tailpiece. The single volume and tone knob is what attracted me to this one. All 3 are excellently made guitars.

My pal Dave who I play with has a tobacco burst Echotone thats nice, he dropped GFS Phatcat & 'Filtertron clones in, I play it sometimes at rehearsal.  They are strat scale length, too.

1 hour ago, shankyboy said:

The Ray Benson Eastman is kind of a different animal. It is a lot more resonant probably due to the satin finish and the trapeze tailpiece. 

Yeah the trapeze tailpieces seem to make just about any guitar much more resonant. Big fan. I had a semi hollow that I installed a trapeze on and it made it way louder than it was before and enhanced the plugged-in sound like no pickup change ever did.

Archived