Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
diablo175

Back In The Fold

Posted (edited)

After kicking myself for letting go of my erstwhile purple Cali LE, I finally tracked another one down, albeit, not in as good condition. She came in January and  shortly after, I sent her out for new stainless Jescar jumbos (the factory frets were BEAT to shit.) and a new Schaller Floyd. Got her back today and she plays fantastically. The OBL's even sound pretty decent thru the Fractal Axe FX 3 system.

Barney Sparkle.jpg

Edited by diablo175
  • Like 16

47 minutes ago, mrjamiam said:

Congrats!  But that blade switch has got to go.

You have no idea how badly I want it gone!!! It's like OCD torturous on a massive scale. F-ing HATE blade switches. 😖

• Haha 1

Just now, diablo175 said:

You have no idea how badly I want it gone!!! It's like OCD torturous on a massive scale. F-ing HATE blade switches. 😖

Wire it it up as an on/off (mute) and then put a mini toggle in one of the knob holes. 

Looks great.  Such a fantastic shade of purple.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, diablo175 said:

F-ing HATE blade switches. 😖

I am the opposite way - I hate when a guitar doesn't have a blade switch.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Wow! I’m amazed you even found ANOTHER purple sparkle Cali!

Great score!

I haven’t thought about it in years, but when I got my very first Hamer (a black Special HB), I had to trade in the Ibanez RG550 with a dot maple neck in Purple neon-with-mirrored-pick-guard that I got for my 16th birthday. Just daydreaming about where it went, and glad that you got to scratch that itch again. 🤘😎

Edited by geoff_hartwell
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, geoff_hartwell said:

Wow! I’m amazed you even found ANOTHER purple sparkle Cali!

Great score!

I haven’t thought about it in years, but when I got my very first Hamer (a black Special HB), I had to trade in the Ibanez RG550 with a dot maple neck in Purple neon-with-mirrored-pick-guard that I got for my 16th birthday. Just daydreaming about where it went, and glad that you got to scratch that itch again. 🤘😎

Had to ship from Canada but what the hell. With a series of 150 (?) made, there was bound to be a few more. I'd buy another if it was in the right condition-  i.e. damn good, like the one I foolishly sold off.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Don't really subscribe to the notion of guitar mojo but I'm starting to come around to it. Last 2 Cali's I've bought seemed to have it. And this Barney one has it in spades. No shit. Just something about it; sounds, feels and plays fantastic even with the OBLs and the verdammt blade switch :P  The red dragon skin Cali has resonance out the wazoo. You can practically feel that sucker vibrate in your hands when you wank a big ol' power chord on it. The Barney Sparkle is very similar but it has an added ergonomic and tactile quality, the guitar neck equivalent of your favorite pair of comfy, old, broken-in jeans or baseball cap. Normally, I prefer satin finishes, then oiled and THEN gloss but this one is nicely weathered. I'm guessing a good bit of use and maybe occasionally wiped down with clean rag as it's damn clean. Even before the re-fret, it was pretty clean!  This is definitely my new favorite-pair-of-old jeans guitar.

IMG_1197.jpeg

Edited by diablo175
  • Like 2

Oh mY Thats beautiful !!!

And the headstock is pointing in the right direction too!  Congratulations!

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Toadroller said:

Exactly. ;)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Toadroller said:

It's pointing left... FOOL!

:lol:

Edited by gtrdaddy