Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Checking In

Long time, no post. How have you all been? I'm currently Hamerless since I've been collecting custom builds from a local luthier named Bob Wallace,WBW Guitars. I have three of his guitars and one bass. Amp wise, I recently got a Marshall Code 50 and am in love with it. I'm playing in my original Christian rock band CrossBorn, and I recently joined a blues band, Skylar Rogers and The Blue Diamonds. Personally, my wife and I are now empty-nesters since our daughter got married last summer and is attending medical school in Indy. Funny, when I joined the HFC, she was only two or three years old! Last week, I resigned from my teaching job of 22 years. Not sure what I'm doing next, but I'm sure as hell not going back to the old job. Let's see . . . anything else? Oh yeah! I finally bought a sports car! 1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL Coupe. Pic is of me trying to look tough while sporting The BobShred, one of my customs. At some point, I'd like to get back in the Hamer fold. I had an 86 TLE and a 93 Studio. I'd like to have a Cali or a Chap for my next one.

3000GT.jpg

me.jpg

2 hours ago, savethematches said:

Not sure what I'm doing next, 

Welcome Back!! And the obvious answer of what to do next is buy some Hamer Guitar’s!!!!

1 hour ago, specialk said:

Easy to see why you like the WBW guitars! Congrats on the job change too. 

On 3/9/2020 at 2:20 PM, savethematches said:

me.jpg

Yeah, indeed! Love that guitar! What a way to build a body; for the guy that just can't decide on a tone wood, just use them all! A real beaut!

On 3/10/2020 at 4:39 PM, tomteriffic said:

Congrats on the retirement Marty.  I think I mentioned that I've met some young folks in Effingham who went to school in Neoga who speak well of you.  So wind it up and irritate somebody!!

Thanks Tom! I’m gonna miss the kids, and maybe two adults. I’m not retiring yet, however. I just had my fill of bullshit from the principal and a few others. I find out tomorrow if I’m locking in a new teaching gig.

Archived