Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
crunchee

PSA: 'Used' Fender G&G Jazzmaster Case In Brown Tolex/'Crushed' Yellow Plush Lining At DGS

Posted (edited)

No affiliation.  Brown 'rough' Tolex exterior with brown leather ends, is similar in color/covering scheme to the cases Fender used in the early '60's.  The leather handle appears to have protective wrapping, I don't know if that's there from G&G or not.  May work for some 'Offset' Fender-style electric guitars, too:

https://davesguitar.com/products/fender/jazzmaster-case/

Edited by crunchee
  • Like 1

That might be me...  😉

The free shipping sealed the deal.

Thanks!!!!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, crunchee said:

Free shipping is always good, especially when the price of shipping a decent-sized guitar box nowadays is factored in!  That's one of the reasons why I snagged this case:   :rolleyes: ;)

https://davesguitar.com/products/fender/custom-shop-tele-form-fitting-case/

NICE!!

• Like 2

About once in a typical month I find something at Dave’s that comes to live with me in MS, but I’ve found three items over the last four weeks.  A sweet little banjo, an angry little rock guitar, and a player from Martin’s custom shop that will compete against my D-18. My money is on the production guitar but buying with the hope of trading up into something nicer is my game now.

• Like 3

I bought a Gibson Historic Case with free shipping for my R8. The guitar is just a touch over 8lbs and the case weighs like 20lbs!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dave's shipped my Weber tweed deluxe for free.   I have purchased three items from Dave's and always a smooth deal.

• Like 3

I think my first purchase from Dave's was in 1989, when mail order from a guitar shop was still very hit or miss.  Many times (and lots of cool Hamers) over the years, and they've always treated me right.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I am very lucky to have the Madison DGS about a mile from my house. They do a regular run between the three stores and often offer to bring gear in to Madison so I can check it out.

They also have a fair trade in policy: 80% of what they think it will sell for (or 60% value to walk out with cash).

And the used stuff is typically priced reasonably or better.

Edited by atomicwash
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, atomicwash said:

They also have a fair trade in policy: 80% of what they think it will sell for

That, is extremely generous.