Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: 2004 Studio Custom $1700

I had one identical to that one I sold around 8 years ago with COA pristine case etc for $1000.00. I liked it but it was to pretty to gig with so it just sat in the case. I bought a beat up Special that’s still beat up and still mine!!

1 minute ago, crunchee said:

Ebony fretboard, very nice!  Too bad it's got the 1st fret inlay, some HFCers don't like those.  :rolleyes: :lol: ;) 

I'm pretty sure the fret markers are off center...

On 3/10/2020 at 8:44 AM, killerteddybear said:

No affiliation.
Don't know if this belongs to an HFC'er. Sure is purty!

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/msg/d/sebastopol-2004-hamer-studio-custom-59/7090626305.html

00j0j_1R2XDvuWJwt_1200x900.jpg

Very nice, I guess that's about the going rate for studio customs these days? I've been recommending a Studio Custom to my boss as a good value guitar not realizing they've crept up in price. Or is that still a good deal compared to the competition? At least this one has an ebony board! 

That`s all kinds of awesome!! I love everything about it including the Duncan Distortion. Same power as the JB but with Ceramic bite. I`d prefer crown inlays. I have a flame red 2003 studio custom with crowns and a very nice rosewood board. Mine came with 2 Duncan 59`s. I am changing out the 59 in the bridge for something hotter and more bite unless I decide to sell it. It won`t be cheap though. It plays so nice and that medium C neck is sweet.

6 hours ago, black magic said:

That`s all kinds of awesome!! I love everything about it including the Duncan Distortion. Same power as the JB but with Ceramic bite. I`d prefer crown inlays. I have a flame red 2003 studio custom with crowns and a very nice rosewood board. Mine came with 2 Duncan 59`s. I am changing out the 59 in the bridge for something hotter and more bite unless I decide to sell it. It won`t be cheap though. It plays so nice and that medium C neck is sweet.

I’d talk to gravelin.   I put a custom wind he did into the bridge of my 04 and it’s all kinds of awesome.  He has no name for it yet.  It is quite a bit hotter than a 59 but still sounds great clean when backed off the volume a touch.  Also I have a set of his charlottes in an lp custom that are awesome.  I think they would lend themselves well to a studio also.   

plus I think he’s running a sale on them currently. 

Archived