Hamer Fan Club Message Center

P90 Pickup ID, please...

clay49

This is a spin-off from my other thread about my recent acquisition of a Korina Artist.

i just now picked up the original Hamer TKL case for the guitar.  I ordered it from Guitar Center in Houston, but they must have sent the new kid to pull it off the wall and pack it because they just wrapped it in some bubble wrap (without the case), plunked it in a box and shipped it to Birmingham GTR CTR.  Providentially, it arrived in one piece.  It took another 10-days to get the case because Houston sent it to some other store in the country.  I’m usually a “the glass is half-full” guy, but I have to say that my experiences with Guitar Center over the last few decades have been fraught with consistently bad customer service, almost without exception.

At any rate, the original pickups were replaced with Lollars, which are fabulous.  These are the originals. Which are in pristine condition, but really have no brand markings.  I’ll probably sell them, but would like to positively ID them before I list them.  Are they Duncan’s?

117AF0FD-1D79-46D8-9B76-BC17F477E2DF_zps

7E7B6DA7-E65F-42CD-A444-AD1BA54E894C_zps

Hamer used Duncan’s, ceramics with a hot bridge. The stickers look like other mass produced duncan print stickers I’ve seen. Not 100%, but someone may be able to pop a hamer/duncan to see if it’s a match.

P.S. I love the Lollar 50’s wind P90’s in my Korina Artist!!!

Yes, I was thrilled when I purchased this to find out that it had the Lollar P90s… They are really gritty and sassy and punchy… The best P90s I’ve ever played.

I think I may be the only person alive that likes these P90's ... let me know what you want for them ... I may be interested ... Len

Definitely Duncan’s. Can’t tell you exactly which ones but those stickers are absolutely Duncan’s. 

The Seymour Duncan P-90's come in  3 varieties:

1: Vintage

2: Hot

3: Custom

and they are for Neck (N) or Bridge (B) position.

The following were generally used in Hamer guitars (i.e. Special, Studio, Artist):

In the neck position 2N (12.0 Ohm)

In the bridge position: 3B (14.6 Ohm)

So in my mind these are the original SD-pickups that came with the guitar from the factory.

I thought they sounded great in the 2002 Studio P-90 that I once owned.

But the Lollars are "not too bad" either.

Gabe 😀

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

The Seymour Duncan P-90's come in  3 varieties:

1: Vintage

2: Hot

3: Custom

and they are for Neck (N) or Bridge (B) position.

The following were generally used in Hamer guitars (i.e. Special, Studio, Artist):

In the neck position 2N (12.0 Ohm)

In the bridge position: 3B (14.6 Ohm)

So in my mind these are the original SD-pickups that came with the guitar from the factory.

I thought they sounded great in the 2002 Studio P-90 that I once owned.

But the Lollars are "not too bad" either.

Gabe 😀

Thanks for the info.  I plan on testing them tomorrow with a multimeter to get specifics readings for each one.  I’ll post once I get them.

Archived