Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I have one in black (from around 1987) but I'm UK based and want more than you would probably like to pay...

10 minutes ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

Here you go this is the one you want:)..............................but definitely NOT at the price you want!:ohttps://reverb.com/item/12205161-vintage-rare-floyd-rose-tremolo1981-82-chrome-frt-4

Oh lord - haha. Yeah, not the price I want :)  

I was considering the "1984" model which "captures the vibe and excitement of that era" (lol)... more to try out a brass block. I'm a late bloomer - still pretty new to the FR world.

51 minutes ago, chromium said:

I was considering the "1984" model which "captures the vibe and excitement of that era" (lol)... more to try out a brass block. I'm a late bloomer - still pretty new to the FR world.

Be aware that the 1984 has wood screw posts. You'll prolly have to fill/redrill the current holes for a secure mounting. OTOH, the 1984 may work with the current studs. Don't know, never tried that. 

Additionally, it comes with the locked-in arm housing, so keep that in mind if you want to actually close the guitar case.

Personally, I'd just go with the current OFR and call it a day.

Rob - thanks for the heads-up. I was thinking that same thing about the 1984's arm+case, but I did not think to look at the posts. I'm going to stick with the newer OFRs.  That gold OFR in the pic is also a newer unit from my other single hum which is off being refinished - and that is want I want in a Floyd. This one came to me with a FR-1000 that was not blowing me away.

46 minutes ago, RobB said:

Oooooh, my heart...Details! We. Want. DETAILS!!

This is probably fundamentally a lot like the red one you picked up. It's an '08 USA SoCal that was modded a bit, and we landed on a price that I couldn't resist. 

Someone had refinished it in silver metal flake (really nice job!), swapped the hardware to chrome, and installed a mixed DiMarzio set - DP155 Tone Zone in bridge, and DP158 Evolution in neck. I did the temporary Floyd swap, a fret polish, new strings and setup last night... and it plays smooove! Love the necks on these - my kind of strat!

1 hour ago, RobB said:

Nice! Thanks for info. Your post is making me very anxious for the GAWDANGED-mother-EFFING-USPS to deliver my check to Chris’ Guitars!

Killing me. Seriously. 

Get ready to be happy! I'm impressed with mine. Fit and finish (fret work, etc.) is top notch.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, hamerboy_ said:

If you're still looking, I have a few hanging around here.

-Bobby

Thanks, Bobby.

Ended up snagging one on Ebay - so good for now. Very happy with the outcome!

JP2Foz0.jpg

Archived