Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Telecaster Build: I'm stuck

On 3/15/2020 at 11:40 AM, bubs_42 said:

I'm thinking Esquire with a Haggard style pick guard and maybe a Tele Sized Humbucker? That is a tough one, because I don't do rail pickups. Maybe a Lil Pearly Gates with a series/parallel option. 

I always liked this Esquire setup with the TV Jones and the cocked wah position on the pup selector,,, sounds kick ass.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, LordsoftheJungle said:

I always liked this Esquire setup with the TV Jones and the cocked wah position on the pup selector,,, sounds kick ass.

wow, that sounded pretty cool,  nothing worse than youtube demos that don't do the product justice. 

adding a tv jones esquire to the things to do list...    

15 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

If for some reason I get bored, I will route it for a bucker or a Jones. I am very interested in that set up. 

Do it.   DO IT!  

422FFEEC-0EE0-42EE-BFE4-BDB4294ED8D2.jpeg

1 hour ago, bubs_42 said:

@cmatthesman that is pink! 

It’s a bit more subtle than that pic in person. 

EA0E719C-672B-4415-8C2F-D748A3026F5E.jpeg

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

Here it is, details on the OP. 

IMG_2081.JPG

IMG_2082.JPG

LOVE it!!!

i need to check and see if that’s the same pickup I had josh wind for my Esquire project...  

just checked. Josh said my pickup measured at 9.25k

what’s yours?

I have a couple of necks, two more sets and a couple stray pickups, hardware. I may have one more build , but we will see. 

Just a note: Before the Cites thing, I went out and bought an Allparts 60's Tele neck with no finish and the maple has so many lines in it, because it was a fast growth tree. The one I bought recently was just like the 80's ones I have on the my other two builds. They both feel just like the others form the 80's. They have the shape down. 

Archived