Hamer Fan Club Message Center

SOLD! 1991 Hamer Sunburst Archtop $800 shipped

Up for sale, my 1991 Hamer Sunburst Archtop. Really nice flamed maple top on this one. Stadium logo, original pickups and case. 

Overall, I would say the condition is very good, a few bumps and nicks here and there. The finish has yellowed, which I think makes the guitar look even better. It may have been a '59 burst when it was new, but looks like an iced tea burst now.

The neck is unlike any guitar neck that I have ever owned or played. It is thin front to back and stays that way all the way up the neck. Feels the same at the 12th fret as at the nut. I had it plekked at Mike Lull's shop when I bought it 5 or 6 years ago and the action is low. Set up with XL110's.

This guitar had a neck heel break a couple of owners before me that was expertly repaired by Greg Platzer at BCR Music in Pennsylvania. The BCR pics (first two) below are from when he did the repair. He claims (and I believe it to be true) that the neck is stronger now than when it was new. But I have priced it accordingly. This is a player, not a collection piece.

I bought it cause I liked the top, but it's never getting played, so on to the next lucky owner.

$800 Shipped, (you pay Pay Pal, or use friends and family)

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

DSCN1034 (768x1024).jpg

DSCN1031 (1024x768).jpg

DSCN1081.JPG

DSCN1082.JPG

DSCN1083.JPG

1 hour ago, paulcozby said:

hi

are you interested in any trades?

thanks

Not looking for trades. Sorry.

Just reducing the herd, selling off the guitars that I am not playing. Turning them back into cash.

Thanks,

1 hour ago, Hfan said:

Congrats on the sale and a nice buy for the buyer. I’m curious.. why is that logo called the Stadium logo?

It's about twice the size of the headstock logo decal used before and after the time period when they used it. I am guessing it got it's "stadium" name because you can read it from a further distance, like on an arena stage?

Archived