Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: UPS, Fedex, Delivery in general.

My package was delivered today and just like a lot of us, my wife is at home watching the kids because they are out of school. I said to her last night, "My UPS Package will be here tomorrow and will need signed for. Used gloves and leave the box outside i'll take care of it. ". She text me and said it arrived and the UPS Driver said "This package needs to be signed for. Can I have permission to sign for it and give you the package?" Of course she said yes, but I wanted to let you all know if anything is coming your way, do them a favor and let them sign for it, they handle a lot of packages and meet so many people everyday. It must be horrific for some of these drivers, so be kind. ;) 

My mailman drove up the drive yesterday and came to the door to ask if I'd received a couple small packages that weren't handled properly Saturday.  I was doing some work outside and saw him approaching, but never came closer than twenty feet.  He leaned on the fence and chatted me up for maybe five minutes.  I think they're feeling pretty isolated too.

I won't share the ridiculous details of how I've been handling incoming mail since all this started but I hope it never starts to feel normal.

1 hour ago, hamerhead said:

The animal strain is different and can't affect people. Or vice versa.

Isn't it some sort of strain that bats carry, that wound up in Chinese livestock, and then got transmitted to people dealing with the livestock?

Nope.

ETA: I stand corrected. Jamie is on the right track. It apparently originated in bats, was transferred to chickens (they believe) in the Wuhan market, then somehow was transmitted to humans.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6682629/coronavirus-how-did-it-start/

I actually gave our mailman some hand sanitize'r. My father in-law was a pharmacist and chemist for Diversity corporation they were a large supplier to Hospital's.  After he passed we inherited a case and half of the stuff.     

7 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

the UPS Driver said "This package needs to be signed for. Can I have permission to sign for it and give you the package?"

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Agreeing to his signature made us both happier. 

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/coronavirus.html

What precautions is FedEx taking to protect team members and customers at the point of delivery?

To promote the World Health Organization’s guidance on social distancing and do our part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 across our communities, effective immediately we will temporarily suspend most signatures typically required for FedEx Express and FedEx Ground deliveries in the U.S. and Canada. The signature suspension also includes FedEx Freight in the U.S. and those normally required as part of our same-day service, as well as in our FedEx Office retail stores and onsite locations at various retailers. 

Archived