Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Explorer Refin- Stike!!

15 hours ago, gorch said:

It’s a shame Stike is US based. I have Blitz bass that’s seeking color.

Fantastic design and color. The back side is fantastic too.

He has clients across the pond too!

33 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

Take up a collection to bring Stike over to Europe.  He can do a refin tour using all the local guys' stuff. 

Oooohh... that would be sooooo pretentious. 

If I'm going to Europe I'm not working.

13 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

Joe, was that design your idea? Stike did an amazing job! That looks just incredible. It's without a doubt one of the coolest finishes I've ever seen. LOVE IT.

Stike told me that was of his favorite things was to be just given autonomy - he actually gave me the Japanese word for it (which I will add, after my son tells me what that word is- as he speaks Japanese 😉).

Looking through Stike’s gallery on his website is like shopping for neckties at your favorite men’s shop- which ones - or, one- in this case, do you pick when they are all spectacular?  Clearly the design is over the top- right? If you are going to throw an over the top finish on a guitar, why not throw it on an Explorer- which is also an over the top design?

I just let Stike do it.   What is impressive is that he picked a design that was SO much work- truthfully I love it- but, I love it more because it was his vision and I can’t even imagine the hours he put into it. 

This will not be the only guitar I will send to Stike. I think it is time to go back to his gallery....😉

http://www.rowycokustoms.com/RK_gallery.html
Edited to add: My son in Japan texted me back- Omakase is the word.  👊🏻

Archived