Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
BoogieMKIIA

Chatoyance

I searched for this subject but did not find it on the Forum. Pardon me if it has been discussed before.

When taking photos of my Studio Custom, the figure looks deep at some angles and washed out at other angles.  While I basically understand this, it really hit me when I was looking at my guitar/me when passing by a mirror.  Yes, I was clothed.  As I moved the guitar around I could really see the chatoyancy, how the figure changed with lighting and angle. 

For discussion - do you prefer figure with chatoyance or figure that is static? Goes to the debate of staining the wood first or floating color over some clear layers.

having a changeable luster or color with an undulating narrow band of white light

12 minutes ago, BoogieMKIIA said:

I searched for this subject but did not find it on the Forum. Pardon me if it has been discussed before.

It has definitely been discussed before.
Maybe you searched for the word with the proper spelling?  That will never work - lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Searched in the forum multiple times and a Google search. About 3 for HFC from Google but brief mention.  Checked spelling. Maybe I need to try mis-spelling it.

27 minutes ago, BoogieMKIIA said:

Maybe I need to try mis-spelling it.

Yes.  That's what I'm saying.  

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

It has definitely been discussed before.
Maybe you searched for the word with the proper spelling?  That will never work - lol.

So it was a bubs thread?

• Haha 2