Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: MusicGoRound Hamer stuff

I don't understand why Eclipses go for so little.  Mine is exactly like that one, it was mint and inexpensive and I don't understand why so cheap.  These are great guitars, every bit as good as any other Hamer I've ever owned. 

On 3/20/2020 at 6:38 PM, jginsj said:

I don't understand why Eclipses go for so little.  Mine is exactly like that one, it was mint and inexpensive and I don't understand why so cheap.  These are great guitars, every bit as good as any other Hamer I've ever owned. 

My guess...unusual body shape/overall look, the sound of mini humbuckers aren't for everyone, and because they were probably one of if not the last used set neck Hamer models that could be had in these here parts for the infamous "$350" price.  Obviously those days are long gone with all USA Hamers, but the stigma probably still remains?  That said after owning one it's easy to warm up to the funky style and enjoy the extremely comfortable to play (standing or seated) ergonomics.  I've owned two (still have one, probably should have kept the other one as well), and the only thing I didn't care for were the stock Duncan minibuckers.  Pickup preference aside Eclipse's have every bit as much of that quality made in the USA Hamer workmanship as other Arlignton Heights Hamers from that era..well and often times the same period-correct Hameritis too, but nobody's perfect 😁

On 3/23/2020 at 12:07 AM, scottcald said:

Something wrong with it?

I will try to get up there and get a closer look at it soon. Not sure if they're open to the public since we're on a non-essential "lockdown" of sorts......

Archived