Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Guitar builds let's see them I need some inspiration!

Carl.B

1 hour ago, scottcald said:

I hate the bent steel Strat saddles.

I'm not always crazy about them either, but the Highwood saddle design keeps the height adjustment screws beneath the surface.

Next on the wiring block is another tele project that has its roots in a handful of Rio Grande pickups I tried to sell here a couple years ago.  When no one wanted them they went back in the parts drawer.  Browsing Warmoth's "screamin' deals" one day I spotted a 28 5/8" scale maple, ebony board, with a black headstock and had a thought.  A month later a tele body popped up in the screamin' deals.  Swamp ash, forearm and tummy cuts, and finished in a matching black.  

Hardware is predominantly Gotoh in cosmo black.  Wiring will be basic strat 5-way configuration with master volume and tone.  Pickups are Vintage Tallboy bridge, Vintage Tallboy Twangbucker neck, and if I remember correctly, a Halfbreed (tele neck size) in the middle.

IMG_9478.jpg

On 3/24/2020 at 12:37 PM, ptm1diver said:

Perhaps a guitar with some balls.  

246D8B0A-B04C-4C74-A678-B5619C8925A6.jpeg

"Gender: not telling" my ass! (ha ha). Keep it in your pants man... 🤺

On 3/24/2020 at 12:24 PM, RobB said:

You should design a logo and sell your Jr. for $900/shipped. Boom-your own guitar company. 

It's GOLD, Jerry!

Ain't happening, as I lucked into that neck/body from Fast on his "bargain basement bin" sale on Facebook for CDN$115 (about US$78). Same guitar now would cost close to double to build today methinks... 🙄

I turned this pile of crap:

DSCN2113small.jpg

...into this pile of crap:

DSCN6621small.jpg

The neck is an Allparts with a 12" radius and medium jumbo frets from Fifty Two Guitars. Has a great feel to it. The body is from Rosser Guitars, who did an excellent job. It's still not finished.....

10 hours ago, gtone said:

Ain't happening, as I lucked into that neck/body from Fast on his "bargain basement bin" sale on Facebook for CDN$115 (about US$78). Same guitar now would cost close to double to build today methinks... 🙄

You’re so right.  Factor the cost of taxes, labor, and the rest of overhead too.   Running a business ain’t cheap.

These were my two projects. Brian May Red Special theme on the left. Charlie Christian theme on the right.

My personal takes on the Red Special theme.

16 hours ago, hamerhead said:

DSCN2113small.jpg

DSCN6621small.jpg

The neck is an Allparts with a 12" radius and medium jumbo frets from Fifty Two Guitars. Has a great feel to it. The body is from Rosser Guitars, who did an excellent job. It's still not finished.....

Awesome! What'd you put in for minis on this one? Enquiring minds gotsta know....

17 hours ago, hamerhead said:

DSCN2113small.jpg

DSCN6621small.jpg

Any design that limits your access to frets is a plus for humanity. 

We need pictures of the Gibbons Machine. 

11 hours ago, hamerhead said:

I believe those are Haeusseleuiooiiuoio Firebird pickups.

Yeah, I've heard about them (NOT!).  Methinks you're pulling our collective pissers on that one, hee hee...

Archived