Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Do you buy?

1 hour ago, G Man said:

I am digging the 7/8 D28.  What is the scale length?  And does it have as full a sound as a full size dread?

Thanks.

It's a 23"scale.

It's not as boomy as a full size D-28, but the tone is way more balanced with more mids.

It's still on layaway, so I don't have new Strings on it yet.

This is the impression I got with the strings that were on the guitar when I played it.

I've read that even though it has the Dred body, because it's scaled down, it's closer sounding to a OO Martin body.

I'll report back once I get it out and get some new strings on it

On 3/23/2020 at 7:29 AM, polara said:

It's tricky. I'm very fortunate in that my job is relatively recession-resistant

My job has ramped up considerably, right now I'm 24 hours on, 24 off, due not only to the virus, but to recent unfilled openings and a (non job related) coworkers death. 

Gear wise, after some sell offs I'm at an all time low inventory; I'm currently gigging (well, I was gigging) my Kiesel HH2 and my MJT/Warmoth partscaster, I am completely knocked out by both of them.  A few amps, couple of pedals. That's about it.

HH2 & Relic.JPG

I went hog wild and bought a new pickup offering from Josh Gravelin-  the J2B!  This is based off one of the very earliest versions of the JB, purportedly made from a humbucker out of one  of Lonnie Mack's busted Flying V's. Josh then did some major research and figured out how to recreate that p'ups sound and mojo. Tone report to follow.

The video wouldn't attach & won't open if you don't have FB but if you can check it out, it sounds awesome!

https://www.facebook.com/100002613586674/videos/2722230814540678/UzpfSTE1NDk3MTE1MTg6Vks6MTAxNTgzMDQ2NjYzNzEyNjM/?multi_permalinks=10158304666371263&notif_id=1584998987591890&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic

On 3/21/2020 at 12:09 PM, princeofdarkness56 said:

I’m only buying what I can eat or shoot 

What on earth are you shooting that you subsequently have to buy? Are you walking up to a bucket of fried chicken and shooting it? Although, come to think of it, if you're talking about something you shoot into your arm, I guess you would have to pay for that. 

On 3/23/2020 at 3:52 PM, diablo175 said:

It opened for this non-Facebook-er. 

Archived