Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Lessons in the time of Quarantine

Hey Fellas,

If you’ve got time on your hand and want to learn some new stuff I’m teaching via FaceTime and Skype, and accepting PayPal for payment.

Its been great to keep up with my regular students here in NY and meet some new remote friends as well! Students still preparing to take the AP Music Theory test, teenagers learning Billie Eilish and Post Malone, Adults learning Slide guitar or Classic Rock songs, Multi instrumentalists- adding banjo or mandolin to your arsenal, Vocal technique, Every level of Arpeggio, Scale and Mode application, etc.

All styles, all levels, all Good. We talk about what subjects you want to cover beforehand, I send PDFs for you to look at, then we cover the material in the lesson time. If You need something specific that I don’t have archived, I write it out and send it. FaceTime is super easy, or if you use Skype I can send you an MP3 recording of our lesson recorded live, for your files.

Any interest please shoot me an email at thegeoffhartwellband at yahoo dot com.

Keep Calm and Rock On! 🤘😎❤️

On 3/22/2020 at 3:03 AM, DBraz said:

That’s awesome.  Wishing you the very best in these trying times.

Thanks Man!

It really is awesome to still see friendly faces and play and share music.

I just did a lesson with a 9 year old that is playing all the rhythm parts for Smoke on the Water, Bad to the Bone and Keep on Rockin in the Free World.

Then a piano lesson with a 7 year old girl that plays and sings “Lean on Me” and “Werewolves of London”. I’m teaching her to sing intervals as well, and she’s learning octaves by singing, “Ah-Wooooooo! Werewolves of London,”. 😆

Makes my heart happy ❤️😊

On 3/26/2020 at 10:51 AM, geoff_hartwell said:

Then a piano lesson with a 7 year old girl that plays and sings “Lean on Me” and “Werewolves of London”. I’m teaching her to sing intervals as well, and she’s learning octaves by singing, “Ah-Wooooooo! Werewolves of London,”.

Makes you want to order some Chinese food and check if your hair's perfect.

Very cool!  You can also point out to your 7-year-old piano student, that if she can play "Werewolves Of London", she can probably transition back and forth to The Spin Doctors' "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong" without too many hiccups, and that learning music leads from one stepping stone to another.

2 hours ago, HAMERMAN said:

Geoff,

Take a look at this:

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=28204.msg205508#msg205508

I know you teach and IIRC you have (or had?) a guitar to MIDI rig like they require. Cannot vouch for it's validity I just stumbled across it on the VGuitar forum and thought of you.

Good lookin out Man!

Looks cool, happy to give it a try. I’m not a member there so I can’t send a message.

Would you mind dropping the poster a message with my email (thegeoffhartwellband at yahoo dot com) and ask for some information on exactly what is required for tech specs? Thanks!

Archived