Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS: Hamer Mirage II Koa w/P-Rails & Triple Shots

Very nice guitar!  Between this and other Mirage FS threads it appears it’s a very good time for a HFC buyer looking to land a Mirage.  I liken these guitars to a 350 Chevy or LS3 motor...very good as-is right from the factory, but it’s almost like they were designed to become amazing with some simple “bolt-on” modifications (well, add some soldering to the mix too lol)

On 3/23/2020 at 8:16 AM, holLoWskull said:

Very nice guitar!  Between this and other Mirage FS threads it appears it’s a very good time for a HFC buyer looking to land a Mirage.  I liken these guitars to a 350 Chevy or LS3 motor...very good as-is right from the factory, but it’s almost like they were designed to become amazing with some simple “bolt-on” modifications (well, add some soldering to the mix too lol)

YES!  The Mirages are perfect mod platforms. So far I’ve only don’t pickup and bridge replacements to mine so they could conceivably be brought back to stock. But I do have more ambitious ideas for the future...

I have P Rails in Triple Shot pickup rings in my most played guitar. I think they're great!  I don't know if they sound exactly like a regular P-90, single etc. but it definitely gets me 4 distinct sounds from each pickup; Humbucker, Single coil, P-90 and parallel humbucking mode. Combine the other pickup with those varieties, adjust tone, volume and you can get about whatever you want.  All easily switched from your guitar. GLWTS!

Archived