Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Wiring Diagram For HSS One Volume, Two Tone Pots and 5-Way Switch

rugby1970

Question

14 answers to this question

And it's easy enough to wire the Humbucker to split in the "4" position, only, negating the need for any superfluous switching busyness.

To quote some of the best guitar advice I've ever received, "make it a rocket ship, not mission control." - @Murkat

23 hours ago, rugby1970 said:

This is my first attempt so I really need a "for Dummies" approach.

No matter how many I've done, I'm always pleased as punch when I plug in a cable and go through the switch settings, using an alligator clip or something similar to tap against the pickups, and hearing that tap-tap-tap through the amp confirming everything works as intended.

Well.......................... I wired it up ................................ and it works, sort of. I get noise, musical stuff, but the volume pot doesn't shut off all the way and the tone tone controls don't do too much. The humbucker is the best setting. This is the diagram I followed.

2d41aa71bbc8b3129ab230bc3a14e685.jpg

If you're open to having a single master tone, give this a look: it automatically splits the humbucker in the 4 position for more Strat-like tones.

twCRPVc-DOxULr5hjTMt1RQ9481ZCkwGR5920dce

With a master tone, you only need one side of the standard five-way, freeing it up for automatically shunting one of the humbucker coils to ground.  The second tone knob becomes reassigned to "talent." (according to Jon Herington)  

Archived