Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Worst NGD ever.

jginsj

Well, anyone who knows me knows I love TLE's.  I found another one that was once a little beat up, but a luthier did a nice burst refin on it, and I was excited about scoring another TLE.  I've never had excitement turn to disappointment so quckly.  It arrived today, in a brand-new case, with no obvious damage to the box.  Here is what I was greeted with...

IMG_1412s.jpg.ba11f6b8ae450673c93db555c5837d6c.jpgIMG_1413s.jpg.163a194977b1ffdfc92d8db688ab505d.jpgIMG_1414s.jpg.5ebd630c75ee04f8360a15923b5cab84.jpg

So, if any HFC'ers want to brighten my day, I'm back in the market for a TLE....

Such a bummer....

37 minutes ago, Boomerang~Junkie said:

Is it possible the guitar didn't fit the new case correctly with all the weight of the body on the base of the neck where it separated?

Ding ding ding!  "Brand new case" immediately jumped out of the description.  Might not mention that when making a claim, though.  The claim adjuster will want to do his own investigation and come to his own conclusions.  Don't tell him how to do his job.

Bummer for the OP though.  It wasn't any of his fault.

Holy Crap! I can't imagine getting that delivered.What  a shame and sorry about that. Hope you recover your money quickly and find another.

That hurts to see that!! I got a Special a while back with a broken headstock. I know the feeling you felt!! I took pictures went thru the BS and returned it. So sorry you have all the hassle and expense to deal with... bummer just a f’n bummer....

14 hours ago, Boomerang~Junkie said:

Is it possible the guitar didn't fit the new case correctly with all the weight of the body on the base of the neck where it separated?

That's exactly what it looks like.  I'm thinking that "brand-new case" was made for a guitar with a 0º neck angle and it forced the TLE to comply.

Archived