Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Worst NGD ever.

jginsj

1 hour ago, crunchee said:

Were the strings at full tension when the seller packed it?

My thoughts exactly.

Get a partial refund from the seller, send it to Murkat and it'll be better than it originally was.

1 hour ago, crunchee said:

Were the strings at full tension when the seller packed it?

Hamer always shipped their guitars tuned to pitch.
Of course, they were usually in the correct guitar case, but they were never detuned.

Seller is being totally cool about it.  He's actually in the business and says out of probably 250 guitars he's shipped, this is only the second incident, and both times with USPS.  The strings were not at full tension, but there was some tension, they weren't flopping around but they weren't tight either.  He's got a claim in with USPS, we shall see how it goes...

2 hours ago, jginsj said:

Seller is being totally cool about it.  He's actually in the business and says out of probably 250 guitars he's shipped, this is only the second incident, and both times with USPS.  The strings were not at full tension, but there was some tension, they weren't flopping around but they weren't tight either.  He's got a claim in with USPS, we shall see how it goes...

That’s really good to hear!

Be Excellent To Each Other 🤘

12 minutes ago, geoff_hartwell said:

That’s really good to hear!

Be Excellent To Each Other 🤘

He's actually a very cool guy, and he's the guy doing my custom build as we speak.  I originally found out about him because he was selling this TLE, and then I found out he made custom guitars.  He's promised that he'll make it right no matter what the outcome is with USPS.  I'm just bummed because TLE's don't pop up all that often and they are my number one favorite guitar in the whole world...it's heartbreaking to see any of them suffer such tragedy, whether it's mine or anyone else's.

Guitars I've gotten straight from makers have been shipped tuned to pitch, and I'm guessing they have some experience in shipping and track breakage. I imagine the box was dropped bang straight onto one end or the other from a pretty good height. Shit happens. Maybe after USPS finishes, you can get it re-set. Like Murkat said, that's so clean you could get it fixed so it looked and played like new. Might end up as a good NGD!

20 hours ago, jginsj said:

That is at least some good new's. Good luck to you.

• 2 months later...

Sometimes I think shipping a guitar in a quality gigbag with tons of packing foam or bubble wrap  is safer than a hard case. Just a thought ... on another note I bought a Gibson bfg les paul about 10 yrs ago . It arrived with a headstock break in hard case. Made a claim with ups . Got full paid price from insurance claim and was able to keep the  guitar  which I had repaired.  It was a good gigging guitar . I ended up trading for something elese..

Rob

Archived