Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS/T 1997 Gibson Howard Roberts fusion III SOLD

I know it's not a Hamer, but I thought it might find a new home here.   Sold on Reverb,

Overall, it's in very good condition, with a little wear on the gold in the usual places.  A couple of marks (not through the finish) at the neck where it must have hung on a wall guitar hanger at some point.

Could consider a trade for the right 335/345.

https://reverb.com/item/32927666-gibson-howard-roberts-fusion-iii-1997-black-beauty

HR3.jpg

10 minutes ago, BubbaVO said:

That is pretty cool.  That bridge ... wow.  GLWTS.

Thanks!

The tailpiece is interesting, because you can individually adjust the break angle for each string behind the bridge with the fine tuners on it.

2 hours ago, Eli said:

I know it's not a Hamer, but I thought it might find a new home here.   1800 on Reverb, 1700 to HFC.

Overall, it's in very good condition, with a little wear on the gold in the usual places.  A couple of marks (not through the finish) at the neck where it must have hung on a wall guitar hanger at some point.

Could consider a trade for the right 335/345.

https://reverb.com/item/32927666-gibson-howard-roberts-fusion-iii-1997-black-beauty

HR3.jpg

OMG - this is on my list of must haves AND in this colour.

Are you in a desperate hurry to sell it? The dollar rate sucks a big one at the moment.

B

24 minutes ago, Bennyboy-UK said:

OMG - this is on my list of must haves AND in this colour.

Are you in a desperate hurry to sell it? The dollar rate sucks a big one at the moment.

B

I know, I was in England last Summer and my dollar had never gone so far before.

Not a huge rush, but since gigs have evaporated, generating income in one way or another is a good idea right now. 😅

I've had mine (burst) since '94 - amazingly versatile guitars - great for rock, blues, country, etc., and a set of flatwounds transforms these into killer (feedback-free) jazz guitars.

The necks are Gibson's (perfect) '59 carve.  That and the ebony fretboard make them play so easily it fees like cheating.

I think the fingers tailpiece is vastly misunderstood: it's not meant to be used for fine tuning (like a TP-6), rather, it is purposed for adjusting the tension of each string (and it works!).  These tailpieces are expensive, and found on Gibson's higher-end jazz boxes (LeGrand, Lee Ritenour L5, some Johnny Smith models, etc.)

Really would prefer the black finish on this one over the burst I have.

My opinion (after a quarter century), YMMV.  😊

3 hours ago, velorush said:

I think the fingers tailpiece is vastly misunderstood: it's not meant to be used for fine tuning (like a TP-6), rather, it is purposed for adjusting the tension of each string (and it works!).

Thanks, didn't realize it did that!  And it looks really cool, too!

There is one of those Gibson HR in the music store here in town where I live,its in really nice shape Sunburst finish OHSC................the owner got it for $150.00 at a pawn shop back in the day.....................those days are over! The one out at the music store here looks like the first guitar he is playing. I like your's better the Black looks beautiful! GLWTS!

Archived