Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Completely off topic - but great

This is - especially in times like these - completely off topic. But today my wife was elected as major in our (population 40k) hometown. A one year battle for votes came to an end today. I am sooo proud. 

Had to let this out. Sorry for bothering. 

Best - and grounded, too - wishes from Bavaria. 

"I want my road repaved now!

"We need new garbage pick up routes!" 

"Water bills are too high priced!" 

"The fire department wants a new pumper truck." 

"City employees are demanding a raise." 

"What are you going to do about drugs in our community?"

Folks, thank to all of you for the warm messages - I will pass them on. And yes, it is mayor and not major (that would make me minor, I guess...). 

She will start her office/duty/job (?) in May, and we all hope that the shutdown will be shutdown until then. Hope all of you are good (the news from the States are frightening...)

I met a German girl in England who was going to school in France....

No, that's just nonsense. I married a a beautiful blond haired, blued eyed girl that was born in Germany 40 years ago yesterday. Her mother was born in Lubben (formerly East Germany) and her father was born in Tittling (Bavaria, as you know). We have had many, many family visitors over the years and it has always been my ambition to visit Germany especially Bavaria.

31 minutes ago, rugby1970 said:

I met a German girl in England who was going to school in France....

No, that's just nonsense. I married a a beautiful blond haired, blued eyed girl that was born in Germany 40 years ago yesterday. Her mother was born in Lubben (formerly East Germany) and her father was born in Tittling (Bavaria, as you know). We have had many, many family visitors over the years and it has always been my ambition to visit Germany especially Bavaria.

So you got one more reason to come - an northern Bavarian international Hamer meeting - mayors blessing included... :-)

Congratulations Daniel! Now you are first man in town. Good luck for her first legislation period. She couldn’t find a better time to start.

Hof has always been the first place in the free world for us West-Berliners after passing through East German territory for like five hours... My wife and I like Frankonia (is that Franken in English??) very much and spent many weekends there. Good to know a Hamerite's wife is in charge there now!

1 hour ago, sixesandsevens said:

Not required.  They just need to hate the opposition more...

I speak from experience.  I write a political column in my hometown newspaper.  Roughly half the people love me and half, well....

Kind of like here...

12 hours ago, scottcald said:

And hold an HFC weekend!

Now thats an idea - I am all in. We discussed this, btw, a few years a ago as a location for the Europen HFC meeting we did in 2014, then in Frankfurt.

Maybe we should come back to the plan when this Corona BS is over... I gues the mayor would be willing to give us an official welcome on behalf of the city... :-)

12 hours ago, Montelovesco said:

Now thats an idea - I am all in. We discussed this, btw, a few years a ago as a location for the Europen HFC meeting we did in 2014, then in Frankfurt.

Maybe we should come back to the plan when this Corona BS is over... I gues the mayor would be willing to give us an official welcome on behalf of the city... 🙂

Worldwide HFC meet would be pretty epic.   Can we get travel packages for $350?  

12 hours ago, Montelovesco said:

the Europen HFC meeting we did in 2014, then in Frankfurt.

With proud, I‘m still wearing the t-shirt of the event! B) 

Archived