Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA - Hamer Cali Std Project. 1989

48 minutes ago, Bennyboy-UK said:

Nothing to do with me, but if someone wants to create something...

Hmm...

plotting-gif-6.gif

2 minutes ago, polara said:

spacer.png

I might haggle a bit -the damned thing is in Australia. $128 is reasonable but...

4 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

I might haggle a bit -the damned thing is in Australia. $128 is reasonable but...

How much is shipping?

13 minutes ago, Stike said:

How much is shipping?

$128.00 -- that's why I said it's reasonable.

8 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

I'm confused.  You were downsizing just a month ago.  It does not have a reverse head stock, so we know its stay will be short lived.  Learn to resist the temptation. 

Learn to not worry about my motives.

Thinking about getting this.

On the one hand, I don't need another guitar.

On the other hand, I don't mind beater guitars.  The crack seems to be stable.  It was there when he got it, and he's had it for years.

Sub $400 for a USA Hamer seems pretty good, regardless of cosmetic appearance.

Just not sure about that crack.

25 minutes ago, Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame said:

The crack seems to be stable.  It was there when he got it, and he's had it for years.

Just not sure about that crack.

I don't know how you know any of this, other than looking at a photos. The seller doesn't even mention the crack. Never a good sign.

22 hours ago, diablo175 said:

This is gonna be a hard NO.

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 11.05.08 AM.png

What the hell are those ???? Nail holes?? Tape and nails and just keep on rocking!! That just indicates a no sale for sure!!

12 minutes ago, Dutchman said:

What the hell are those ???? Nail holes?? Tape and nails and just keep on rocking!! That just indicates a no sale for sure!!

I think they are needle holes from injecting glue into it??

27 minutes ago, kizanski said:

I don't know how you know any of this, other than looking at a photos. The seller doesn't even mention the crack. Never a good sign.

Talked to him.

I actually put an offer in, and he didn't accept it until I confirmed I actually knew all the problems and still wanted it.

He's a good guy.

4 minutes ago, kurtsstuff said:

Could be... they look like the same kind of holes my micro pinner leaves. 

4 minutes ago, Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame said:

He's a good guy.

A good guy would have at least mentioned that neck crack and the all-thumbs attempt at repairing it.

7 minutes ago, kizanski said:

A good guy would have at least mentioned that neck crack and the all-thumbs attempt at repairing it.

But he did when I put in the offer. He wouldn't sell it to me until he was sure I was clear.

The all-thumbs repair was from before him, so he doesn't have any personal knowledge of what was done/how/why.

I just told him I decided not to take the chance, and he was very gracious.

I don't know for sure, but I gotta think if someone just bought it outright without an offer, he'd still check to make sure they understood before shipping, or else cancel the sale.

So, to summarize, it’ll cost us 450 for the guitar, plus most of us will pay $50 give or take for taxes. Insane!!! I mean, if Cali is your dream and you are high school student with no prospects to make a couple of grand quick, then may be. Or, you have lots of free time and free money on your hand. 

Other than that it actually falls into standard HFC price point - $350, where it’s not a joke, but real offer. 

7 minutes ago, Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame said:

But he did when I put in the offer. He wouldn't sell it to me until he was sure I was clear.

The all-thumbs repair was from before him, so he doesn't have any personal knowledge of what was done/how/why.

I fear that there is more crack going on here than in that Cali neck.

Yeah, he mentioned it to you, but there is no mention of it in the ad, ya folla?
And these monstrosities never get that way in the hands of the current seller.  Ever notice that?  It's always "the way I bought it."
"Good guy" my Sicilian ass.

8 minutes ago, Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame said:

I don't know for sure, but I gotta think if someone just bought it outright without an offer, he'd still check to make sure they understood before shipping, or else cancel the sale.

He very well might be a champ, but ...as you said - “you dont know for sure”. Bottom line - issues like this one need to be in the description. And of course - “I don’t know, that’s how i got it, didn’t get worse since i owned it” ... those words lately became something like “plays like butter” , where you ran to the opposite direction the moment you read it. 

But he may be a champ :)

42 minutes ago, Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame said:

Talked to him.

I actually put an offer in, and he didn't accept it until I confirmed I actually knew all the problems and still wanted it.

He's a good guy.

Yup, he is a good guy in so much as he was totally cool with me retracting my offer and canceled it on his end real quickly. Beyond that, I'll withhold commentary.

47 minutes ago, kurtsstuff said:

As for the bubbles in the finish- that's poorly applied clear. Apparently, the sub genius who effected these "repairs" and mods didn't know shit about how to do it properly. The crack extends from one of the plugs that were shoved into the old, thru-neck locking nut bolt holes. My guess is the former owner either was trying to repair a crack extending for said bolt holes or decided he really wanted the top mounted screws for attaching the locking nut... place you bets.

Archived