Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Oh the horror! :(

Travesty.  What on earth is this trem "fix?"

41118-S000011804-4?auto=compress,format&41118-S000011804-1?auto=compress,format&

Originally white... 

41118-S000011804-3?auto=compress,format&41118-S000011804-8?auto=compress,format&41118-S000011804-7?auto=compress,format&

Bottom line, looks like it's mostly there.  Beautiful slab-o-hog! 

I don't think the $549.99 price (plus $55.00 shipping) would leave room to fix it.  Tree two-fity shipped, maybe?

I saw this a few weeks ago.  Very interesting how a previous owner decided to slab on a Kahler Killer trem, which is actually a great bridge BTW.  

A good $350 piece but my guess is MGR won't come down that fast since it was recently posted.

12 minutes ago, HAMERMAN said:

I wish people that want a natural finish on their guitars would stick to buying guitars with a  natural finish!

There's nothing "natural" about this at all!

2 hours ago, velorush said:

Seriously though, if anyone is interested , the BBC has available a fantastic PSA on banana defense:

7odFR0rdeKtG.gif

But what about a pointed stick?

2 hours ago, velorush said:

Seriously though, if anyone is interested , the BBC has available a fantastic PSA on banana defense:

7odFR0rdeKtG.gif

Release the Tiger!

Sorry, thread off rails.

tumblr_o3ylp6lJeF1ttn3lzo1_400.gifv

The real mystery (other than, "why?") would be whatever (additional) travesty the metal plate is hiding. 

If that's not too buggered up, this could be salvageable (if bought at the right price).

41118-S000011804-1?auto=compress,format&

Is it just me, or or does the Kahler appear crooked?  The low E side post is into the pickup ring, while the high E side post is just at the bottom of it.   Jeez, if I can do better, that's a sad statement.  

I just sent a message to them asking to take pictures of the trem cover off and/or better pictures of what the deal is with the metal plate near the Kahler. 

If I get any, I'll post them.  

1 hour ago, scottcald said:

Is it just me, or or does the Kahler appear crooked?  The low E side post is into the pickup ring, while the high E side post is just at the bottom of it.   Jeez, if I can do better, that's a sad statement.  

You are correct, and that is a developing horror show.

Two Phantoms from this era have sold on GC Site in the last two months. They were pretty rough, not as rough as this one, but they brought the same or close to the same money as the one I had for sale. I tried to buy both of them but neither had the case and that was all I was after. 

Archived