Hamer Fan Club Message Center

lockdown-induced GAS

2 hours ago, Travis said:

Uh...  what’s been happening close to home...?

Hillbilly break-ins, nothing too serious but I like to be prepared, and this TP and disinfectant t'ain't goin' nowhere... 😁

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, svl said:

Hillbilly break-ins, nothing too serious but I like to be prepared, and this TP and disinfectant t'ain't goin' nowhere... 😁

I made a joke the other week about the increase of gun sales being for the purpose of protecting the toilet paper supplies stocked up by the hoarders. Now I have a face to the name...  😜

On 4/3/2020 at 12:54 PM, bubs_42 said:

and my Princeton and searching out a well loved Custom Shop SG.

I've been getting it too, but then I remembered that all my anticipated gig income for March and April went byebye (and who knows after that).  So I've scratched the itch by putting some better operating (but original era) tuners on my "other end of the SG spectrum" SG Junior.  A Junior and a Princeton Reverb were my original rig back in 1965.  So, Bubs, you're halfway there,  Oh Oh livin' on a  **slap**

Well, a couple things have popped up that I'd have likely jumped on quickly a few years ago. TBH, I cannot really ramp up any real enthusiasm for any of it. Things may change. They always do. But it is a good excuse to stick to my goal to "sell another 6 or 8".

7 minutes ago, django49 said:

Well, a couple things have popped up that I'd have likely jumped on quickly a few years ago. TBH, I cannot really ramp up any real enthusiasm for any of it. Things may change. They always do. But it is a good excuse to stick to my goal to "sell another 6 or 8".

Poor Guy. LOL 

I got GAS but not that bad. I've been busy selling an American Deluxe Tele and a Rivera amp. I have my eye, and dibs, on a Newport Pro. Deconstructed, refinished and rebuilt a free Brownsville HSS. It didn't come out too bad and I'd like to do another project. But yeah, a Newport Pro!

6 hours ago, scottcald said:

That was assuming you'd hold off until the house was done.  My mistake.  

Everything seems cheap in comparison to what we've spent on concrete and lumber this far, I meant I'm not buying jack shit for awhile after this project. 😄 I am happy with the stuff I already have though.

20 minutes ago, Stike said:

Everything seems cheap in comparison to what we've spent on concrete and lumber this far, I meant I'm not buying jack shit for awhile after this project. 😄 I am happy with the stuff I already have though.

Phase One: Denial LOL 

House is coming along nicely. ;) 

On 4/3/2020 at 7:41 AM, polara said:

Yes, I think it's the mutated monster cousin of "Haven't been gigging, getting bored, let's buy stuff." But I'm so darned happy with my meager little collection, I really can't think of anything I want!

I thought I was the only person who tended to buy more shit when he wasn't playing.  Good to know I'm not alone, haha!

2 hours ago, Stike said:

Studio rooms ARE expensive.  😉

I've got the gas for a PRS Vela. Especially the thinline. No idea why. Interesting pickup combination. Odd scale, 25", with an offset-ish body. But. With all my March, April, and I'm betting at least half my May gigs cancelled, I can't seem to pull the trigger. We're not even rehearsing. They say the first step to recovery is recognizing you have a problem.

"Problem"...such a subjective word...

On 4/3/2020 at 4:05 PM, svl said:

In light of the pandemic and some of the idiocy I've read about happening too close to home, my GAS switched to another G word.

Latest acquisitions are a couple thousand rounds of 9mm & 12ga 00 ammo and the brand new Springfield Hellcat OSP, plus the appropriate Alien Gear holster and extra magazines for all my carries.

We have a small local chain (3 stores) that actually have a bigger selection than either of the Cabella’s I’ve been to.  When this started heating up, they were having to Close down early every day because they were experiencing 5 HOUR waits for their customers to purchase anything that required a background check.  They ended up shutting down for the safety of their staff, but they are allowing pick ups of ammo bought on line, by appointment.  Not that it matters - they are sold out of most stuff...

2 hours ago, Cary said:

We have a small local chain (3 stores) that actually have a bigger selection than either of the Cabella’s I’ve been to.  When this started heating up, they were having to Close down early every day because they were experiencing 5 HOUR waits for their customers to purchase anything that required a background check.  They ended up shutting down for the safety of their staff, but they are allowing pick ups of ammo bought on line, by appointment.  Not that it matters - they are sold out of most stuff...

Was a decent ammo shortage for the past two months, but manufacturers have stepped up production and it's starting to trickle in.

All the shops around here are limiting to 3 or 4 people in the store at a time, the lines to have been pretty crazy.  Usually a couple hour wait just to get in the place.

36 minutes ago, svl said:

Was a decent ammo shortage for the past two months, but manufacturers have stepped up production and it's starting to trickle in.

All the shops around here are limiting to 3 or 4 people in the store at a time, the lines to have been pretty crazy.  Usually a couple hour wait just to get in the place.

My youngest and I were at our local place on Feb 26th, and it was business as usual - no crowds, no shortages.  Weird.  Stay safe!

19 hours ago, HamerDave said:

I've got the gas for a PRS Vela. Especially the thinline. No idea why. Interesting pickup combination. Odd scale, 25", with an offset-ish body. But. With all my March, April, and I'm betting at least half my May gigs cancelled, I can't seem to pull the trigger. We're not even rehearsing. They say the first step to recovery is recognizing you have a problem.

I've got the Vela semi hollow.  It's really cool.  Balance is great and weighs like 6lbs.  The pickups have nice voices as well.  It's a winner - or enabler - whichever you prefer. 

If this Pandemic business drags on for another month or two or three or four, cash in hand is gonna start looking really good to some people if it hasn't already, 'stimulus' payments or not.  It might be a great time for bargain hunters, if you can afford it.  :ph34r:

Ok, so apparently I have little to no will power, but in my defense, it only cost the proverbial three fiddy.

This is a fun little couch bass with surprisingly good sound for the size and price, and plugged in its giggable.  Took a pic next to a couple of other instruments to give a sense of size, tiny. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived