Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD Robin Ranger Slabtop Supreme

This kind of ties into the lockdown -GAS thread.

I have sold four guitars in the last six weeks and had been watching this Robin Ranger on Reverb for about the same amount of time. Seems like lately I've been playing my single coil guitars more than my humbuckers and I have read a ton of great reviews on the older Robins.

So I saw this guitar drop in price a couple of times and the seller seemed open to offers. I hit him a couple hundred under his last price drop and he accepted. 

It's a 2005 that supposedly was purchased new and locked up in a "vault". That's what it looks like. I can't find a mark on it. Nice chunky, super flamey neck. Rio Grande pickups. Mahogany body with a nice burst flame top on it. I played it for about an hour this morning and it's a good one.

(The Wenatchee River in the pictures is literally my back yard. I can almost spit and hit the water from my back deck.)

DSCN1107.JPG

DSCN1108.JPG

2 hours ago, mrjamiam said:

I'm going to have to get my hands on a Robin at some point.  Congrats and enjoy!

I had my hands on a Robin at one point about a dozen years ago- a Ranger 6-string bass or baritone guitar (30" scale).

I just did a quick search and discovered that the same guitar I used to own is currently for sale on Reverb. As far as I know I have no connection with the seller.

https://reverb.com/item/4817278-robin-ranger-bass-vi-baritone-guitar

680988DC-3807-410A-959D-203B24BF82C5.jpeg

31 minutes ago, stobro said:

I had my hands on a Robin at one point about a dozen years ago- a Ranger 6-string bass or baritone guitar (30" scale).

I just did a quick search and discovered that the same guitar I used to own is currently for sale on Reverb. As far as I know I have no connection with the seller.

https://reverb.com/item/4817278-robin-ranger-bass-vi-baritone-guitar

680988DC-3807-410A-959D-203B24BF82C5.jpeg

That's some fine enabling!

That's a real beauty Cam.

Congrats!!!!

There's a guy that lives in my town that owns the largest collection of Robin guitars in the world.

He's got quite a few examples of every guitar Robin has ever built over the years.

He's also got a lot of custom offerings that were just built from him.

I think I'm going to hit him up and see how many guitars he has that are like your model and see if he'd let one go.

Damn!  Just missed out on that Robin Baritone!

Archived